Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... We were charging at the Hookset, NH (North) SC this afternoon, enroute to our hotel in VT, arriving there a little earlier than we expected, we decided to make a run to ME for dinner and get some lobster, so we decided to Google some places, and decided on the Harbor Porches Restaurant at the Stage Neck Inn.

That looks like a great place. If you'd have driven up Route 1 a few more miles you could have hit our favorite in Perkins Cove, Barnacle Billy's.
And on your previous post, you had plenty of room on the shoulder to get up there and say hi. I'm sure the MS driver would have let you in :)

No pano! That's a first for me. Both at the service center and in the wild. It kinda looked out of place. The white on the back of the roof kinda reminded of the intentional coverings on the Model X mule sightings. It just didn't look right. The rear window looked small.
IMG_4825.JPG
IMG_4826.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 729
Almost forgot, I had a random sighting yesterday morning while in the presence of a pack of Teslas. Going from Cars & Coffee to breakfast at cracker barrel I spotted a gray Model S two lanes over. All that was visible to me between other cars was the triangular badge on the front fender. Had that owner been paying attention, they would have spotted 5 in a row - Btrflyl8e's Blue Persuasion, FLDarren's Copperhead, my silver Lightning, Great Dane's white P85 and (didn't get his screen name) the other guy's brown Model S.

Something similar happened last month when I was behind Btrflyl8e (she's always in front). I spotted another one who was completely oblivious to us. Sadly, not everyone thinks that sightings are as special as we do.

Sadly, not everyone thinks that sightings are as special as we do.
Including my wife... She now claims I'm like a newbie winning Bingo for the first time, and that my arms are waving and my mouth is hollering. Well... she's exaggerating. A little, anyway. :)

Is all fun and games until SOMEONE honks at me the NANO-SECOND the light turns green (ahem). You know what an open pano is useful for? A very visible middle finger salute.
But... by the time the hand appears above the pano, wouldn't you be too far away for anyone to actually recognize the message?

I see your crew likes to travel in a pack! That must be a grand sight!

When I owned a Delorean, many of us from the East coast would make a bi-annual trip to a national Delorean car show, usually held in the mid-west somewhere. During one trip, I think we had 22 Deloreans all driving down the highway, convoy style. And we'd maintain formation when passing cars.. I usually had a rearward position, and the sight was amazing -- we looked like a 22 segment stainless steel snake weaving around slower traffic. I have a photo somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. For us, seeing a Delorean was an everyday experience, and for other folks seeing ONE on the road brought out all the cameras, cell phones, and thumbs up. But to see 20+ cars at once on the highway? Wow, that was special for even us.

So... still in our East Coast trip and the good folks of the NJEAA had invited me to participate in their EVangelism EVent at Sustainable Morristown Festival Earth! event today (Sunday)...

So, we're the California Model S in this event.

17613700559_87f47d3d81_c.jpgIMG_0880 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

MPT had his Roadster in front...

17800396191_471440e303_c.jpgIMG_0878 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

However, on the way to the event, I went to Mass at St. Matthew the Apostle Church at noon (Randolph, NJ) and after the Mass was treated to spot a green Model S in the parking lot...

17596058230_63071aee6c_c.jpgIMG_20150517_131502 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

and another head on view

17757388216_36aa0e4294_c.jpgIMG_20150517_131508 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Would've waited around, but had to make the EVent (which started at noon)...

So, drove into town and spotted a Blue one going the other direction on Speedwell (toward Randolph) as we headed into Morristown. I waved as the person did a doubletake...

Took a picture of a Red One (looks like a Service Loaner) at the Morristown Green...

17613718709_425483766c_c.jpgIMG_20150517_155534 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

More zoomed out

17797212532_222d9936b0_c.jpgIMG_20150517_155539 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

It was a good EV day!