Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a single, and I am not sure what it is charging at. Yesterday it was so slow.

Yes as Neroden said, you're capped at 40 max amps, which is about 29m /hr of charging. If you have two chargers, you can handle twice as much.

But note, there aren't too many 80 amp charging solutions out in the wild, and Tesla's SC network will supplant most travel needs anyway - since the Superchargers bypass the inboard chargers and feed direct to the battery pack.

Now back on topic... BryanW, love the red capture in SLC. What nice fin am I seeing out your rear window? ;)

7a6ybegy.jpg

Not so random but thanks for coming to visit @ArtSci and @Aaron.S

Last edited:
Saw another gray MS heading north on I-95 near Philadelphia at 4:10pm today. I was heading south and saw it across the divider near the Harbison St exit. At over 60mph and combined speed of over 120mph I had no time to do anything but notice the distinctive DRLs and the color!

Last edited:
What a Tesla-filled day! I saw a beautiful brown P85+ with VA plates "TSTARQ" parked right in front of the Max Brenner restaurant in Philly. Corner of 15th and Walnut Streets at 6:15pm. Looked like the rear child seats were folded out, so perhaps the owner brought in the whole family for a day in Philly? Actually had my DSLR with me, so here are some hi-res pictures!

_MG_2699.jpg
_MG_2698.jpg

My First Ever!!. I live in Chattanooga and the only MS I have ever seen is the one my cardiologist drives. I had never seen one in the wild until yesterday afternoon. I was traveling down I-75 south just after the I-24 split. This one looked to be a blue beauty with Tennessee military retired tags on it.

Yes as Neroden said, you're capped at 40 max amps, which is about 29m /hr of charging. If you have two chargers, you can handle twice as much.

But note, there aren't too many 80 amp charging solutions out in the wild,
Except in Canada.
and Tesla's SC network will supplant most travel needs anyway - since the Superchargers bypass the inboard chargers and feed direct to the battery pack.

Of all places, I found another white Tesla in Chilliwack (about 1.5 h out of Vancouver) when I was swinging by the Five Guys to grab a quick dinner!

Totally unexpected since there are still only around 160 Model S's in British Columbia.

The other owner was jazzed to see another Model S pulling up -- they were seated at the window and excitedly waved as I pulled up.

Mine's the S85 (NO FOSL).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384749529.423779.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384749529.423779.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 647