Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(all prices pre-subtraction of incentives)

Note: Base price is for 5-seat option

Base price of 70D: 80k
Base price of 90D: 95.5k, and includes air suspension
Base price of P90D: 115.5k, and includes air suspension and active spoiler

Active spoiler is not available without P90D
6 seat interior adds $3k, 7 seat adds $4k

P90D is $20k more than the 90D.
Base model is 5 seats (2 rows), $3k option for 6 seats, $4k option for 7.
Active spoiler is only available for the P90D, but is included.
Many of the coolest tech features (gimmicks?), like the auto presenting doors and biodefense mode, are only available as part of a premium package for $4500.
4 different wheel options, with a 20" helix wheel being a $2500 option, and silver or "carbon" turbine wheels $4500.

So I max'd out both the sig and production and sig comes to 142K and production 149,750. I don't see a difference in options, but I'm continuing to look

design studio keeps crashing with Firefox on Mac

Works fine with Chrome.

I can get to 150,250 with a production car - did you select multi-coat paint, fancy wheels and carbon fiber trim? (The only $500 option you may have missed would be the multi-coat paints that are $1500 instead of $1000 for the metallic paints?)

Many of the coolest tech features (gimmicks?), like the auto presenting doors and biodefense mode, are only available as part of a premium package for $4500.

That's disappointing. I feel that the bioweapon defense is awesome for folks with allergies and it should be standard. If be surprised if there's really a material difference in Tesla's costs if it were to be standard.

What else is in that $15.5k jump from 70 to 90? Just the battery and air suspension?
Apparently. If I select back to 70D it leaves it at 82.5k which is the price of the air suspension that must be de-selected to get back to 80k. So, it's 13k for the battery and 2.5k for the suspension. This is consistent with Model S which costs 13k for the battery and allows you to do that without the added 2.5k for the air suspension, but if you select both then it tracks the "$5k more for Model X" differential.

What else is in that $15.5k jump from 70 to 90? Just the battery and air suspension?

Apparently. If I select back to 70D it leaves it at 82.5k which is the price of the air suspension that must be de-selected to get back to 80k. So, it's 13k for the battery and 2.5k for the suspension. This is consistent with Model S which costs 13k for the battery and allows you to do that without the added 2.5k for the air suspension, but if you select both then it tracks the "$5k more for Model X" differential.

10k to go from 70 -> 85, then 3k to go from 85 -> 90

Can someone post screenshots of the pricing for the paint, wheel and interior options please?

Do we know anything about the onboard charging options? 48 only or upgradable to 72?

- - - Updated - - -

So somebody who didn't reserve their MX until recently but gets a P90D takes delivery faster than someone who has been waiting for 3 years and wants a 90D?? Doesn't seem fair.

It may not be fair but it is what TM has been doing for some time with the model S. Higher priced/higher margin cars get priority.

Paint, Wheels and Interior Screen Captures

P90D is $20k more than the 90D.
Base model is 5 seats (2 rows), $3k option for 6 seats, $4k option for 7.
Active spoiler is only available for the P90D, but is included.
4 different wheel options, with a 20" helix wheel being a $2500 option, and silver or "carbon" turbine wheels $4500.

For California, the "Estimated gas savings over 5 years" is $9,000. Destination & Doc Fee + $1,200.

My initial config cash price is $144,250 + $1,200 destination + doc = $145,450. $125,250 "After incentives & gas savings".

36 Month Lease is $1,821/mo after gas savings;
lease payments:
$1,950/mo $10K miles/year
$1,988/mo $12K miles/year
$2,026/mo $15K miles/year, with $5,221 down payment after $2,500 CA EV incentive subtracted from $7,721 due at signing. Note that's conveniently only $221 more than the $5K reservation.

They continue the "happiness guarantee":

https://my.teslamotors.com/support/happiness-guarantee

Paint:

Solid Black, Solid White: no charge
Titanium Metallic, Midnight Silver Metallic, Obsidian Black Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic: $1,000
Pearl White Multi-Coat, Red Multi-Coat: $1,500

Paint.JPG

Wheels:

20" Silver: no charge
20" Silver Helix: $2,500
22" Silver Turbine: $4,500
22" Carbon Turbine: $4,500

Wheels.JPG

Interior:

Seats:
Black or Tan Leather, Ultra White non-leather (includes stain resistant coating): $2,500

Decor:
Matte Obeche Wood: no charge
Glossy Obeche Wood, Dark Ash Wood, Figured Ash Wood: $750
Carbon Fiber: $1,000

Headliner:
Light or Black: included
Alcantara is part of the $4,500 "Premium Upgrades Package"

Interior.JPG

My configuration right now (firm order on Nov. 30):

X Config 2016-11-23.JPG

Other misc. screens you'll see:

Drivers License Info.JPG

Pick up location.JPG

Finance, Lease, and Electrician.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BG121
For California, the "Estimated gas savings over 5 years" is $9,000. Destination & Doc Fee + $1,200.

My initial config cash price is $144,250 + $1,200 destination + doc = $145,450. $125,250 "After incentives & gas savings".

36 Month Lease is $1,821/mo after gas savings;
lease payments:
$1,950/mo $10K miles/year
$2,026/mo $15K miles/year, with $5,221 down payment after $2,500 CA EV incentive subtracted from $7,721 due at signing. Note that's conveniently only $221 more than the $5K reservation
Do you have a gas car now? Because if not, you're not going to realize any of those supposed "gas savings" Tesla likes to inject into its deceptive calculations.

Also, if you make enough to afford a $145,450 car, you probably won't qualify for the $2,500 CA EV incentive since the rules are changing (or have already been changed - not sure what the status is). And it is NOT subtracted from your $7,721 due at signing - you submit an application and wait months for your rebate check.

You'll also get a $7,500 tax credit that you can apply on your taxes when you file them the following year (assuming you owe at least $7,500 before applying that Federal tax credit). It does NOT lower the price on which your lease is based, even though Tesla may want you to think that.

So what are your REAL lease payment estimates (i.e., the number you're actually going to pay, not pretending that "gas savings" and tax credits/rebates somehow lower what the bank is demanding each month)?

matte obeche wood trim has no cost. Small consolation after being charged $4000 for the seats. No leather option is new, as far as I know, as well. Cheapest configuration I could find was $86750 ($73250 after my incentives) with just cold weather and towing on a 70D. That's $997/mo for 36 months to lease.

Not pleased that it costs $4500 to get access to the filter. The wife loved that. Can't justify it.

Do you have a gas car now? Because if not, you're not going to realize any of those supposed "gas savings" Tesla likes to inject into its deceptive calculations.

Also, if you make enough to afford a $145,450 car, you probably won't qualify for the $2,500 CA EV incentive since the rules are changing (or have already been changed - not sure what the status is). And it is NOT subtracted from your $7,721 due at signing - you submit an application and wait months for your rebate check.

You'll also get a $7,500 tax credit that you can apply on your taxes when you file them the following year (assuming you owe at least $7,500 before applying that Federal tax credit). It does NOT lower the price on which your lease is based, even though Tesla may want you to think that.

So what are your REAL lease payment estimates (i.e., the number you're actually going to pay, not pretending that "gas savings" and tax credits/rebates somehow lower what the bank is demanding each month)?

Yes, I have an ICE now averages 23 mpg.

These are the real lease payments:

"$1,950/mo $10K miles/year
$2,026/mo $15K miles/year, with $5,221 down payment after $2,500 CA EV incentive subtracted from $7,721 due at signing. Note that's conveniently only $221 more than the $5K reservation". It's +$0.25/mile if you go over the miles you purchased just like Benz and others.

It's a business lease for me. I ignored TSLA's creative math! :biggrin:

Normally, it's like "renting" a business vehicle for 3 years, except in this case, unless something dramatically better is available in 3 years (improved battery range will not sway me), I'm going to pay-off the residual and keep mine if I get a very low VIN.

Last edited: