Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preheating Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if its mentioned in other preheating threads but i wonder with the latest update, what will happen if you dont actually use the car if you set it to preheat "every weekday"? I have never used this function as i work from home but recently i am needing to set off early in the morning 3 days a week. If i set it to preheat "workdays", on the days that i stay at home, will it continuously preheat until i use the car later in the day? I am on octopus go and dont really want to waste energy preheating. Thanks guys.

Depending upon the length of your commute, I would be inclined to charge almost to your ‘full’ setting at night and turn on climate manually from the app when you get up if you don’t want to draw too much from the grid.
I only do a couple of 2 mile runs twice a week and run climate for ten mins. Cabin’s plenty warm enough but regen is still reduced.
My Zappi charger does a 3 hour boost during Go off-peak and the car heats later either from it’s own battery or my Powerwall.