Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Heating Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone has had a similar experience. My 2018 Model 3 Long Range heater stopped working about a month ago. No heat at all. They replaced the PTC unit at a cost, since I'm out of warranty - 62k miles. Since they've replaced it, it works nothing like it used to. It will generate heat - either when preheating the car or when I set it to HI, but if it's just set to a normal temperature, like anywhere between 71-75, it becomes downright cold in the car - especially in the footwell.

I have the system on "Auto" and have it on Auto Circulate too, so there's no reason this should be happening. Of course, the service center is claiming everything is fine.

Anyone else have problems after having the PTC heater replaced?

Chris

I have a 2018 LR and I’ve noticed the heater doesn’t work as well as it used to either. If it’s on high, it works. If I put it to something lower like 76, it doesn’t always stay warm. I took it in and had the SC test with me present. They were like it feels fine. I ended up leaving with no service.

Unless they installed a bad heater, the problem could be due to a faulty interior temperature sensor. The car may not be sensing the cold temperature and prematurely shutting off the heater.

When the car is super cold, have you tried taking out your app and seeing if the interior temperature reading indicated seems accurate? It could be that all you need to do is have a faulty interior temperature sensor replaced.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer