Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Order questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a Model 3 owner on the verge of pulling the trigger on the CyberTruck

Had a question with Pre-orders, haven't done one in the past.

When you put your downpayment, it saves your spot in line.

I still have a question about the Cybertruck, Will we be able to change our order and still keep our spot in line.
So at this moment, I want to go dual motor. However, you never know when more details come out I may want to go tri or even backpedal to single or choose black when the option comes.

So the big question is making any of these changes will it affect your spot in line?
My thought would be we would have to a set date in 2021 to make changes to but, would like to know for sure. Otherwise, I would just wait until more details flow out.

Thanks.

Check out post #149 in the following thread. According to Tesla Customer Service (who rarely know what is actually happening) you can change your config when the time comes.

Cybrtrk RN #

You will see a lot of misinformation posted on this forum about how your spot in line meant nothing for the model 3 rollout. This is not entirely accurate. When Tesla started producing the 3 they limited the configuration initially to RWD black. They did seem to contact reservation holders in sequence to offer this config, regardless of the preference you had originally specified. I wanted a white/white AWD so I passed. As they began to open up more configuration options, my early reservation number meant I could still place an order immediately. Many people whined that people with higher numbers or without reservations were getting cars before them but that was because those folks were willing to take what Tesla was producing at that time.

Probably a good chance something similar happens with the Cybertruck. They will likely produce the more protiable AWD version first and will contact reservation holders in order to convert to an actual production order. If you want the RWD you will have to wait until they are produced. Of course if you want tri-motor you'll have to wait (supposedly) another year until they are produced

TL;DR: Don't sweat it. When they call your number you can take what they are offering or wait to get what you want. .