Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Conference BBQ, Thurs, 7/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lemme check...

YES.
And yet I see no new positive reputation comments.

... disappointed...

:p

- - - Updated - - -

Oh YAY, I was hoping we'd get some aerial shots.
I want to caution you that this is a relatively new hobby for me and I will be bringing a brand new setup. Which is why I want to have time without people staring down my neck to get things set up and tested :)
It seems like everyone is volunteering to come early to help :).
I wonder why...
So while the invite says 4pm (bbq will start being served an hour or two after that), any time after 1pm is fine.
I don't think I'll be there THAT early, but hopefully between 2 and 3... depending how bad Bay Area traffic is, I guess...
Next year, you <brianman> are in charge of vendors and t-shirt design.
Uh oh. Is this a wise move?
In unrelated news, have you talked to Elon about getting one of those portable Superchargers installed for next year's party?

In unrelated news, have you talked to Elon about getting one of those portable Superchargers installed for next year's party?

If we do this again, I'll have you all petition him. That way I have plausible deniability.
Hey, sorry they're all harassing you like that. I had NO idea. Yes, I know you saw my post on TMC saying I'd deny it. You can't prove I wrote that.

If you'd like, I can bring mine to take pictures of yours taking pictures! Sounds like fun. I have the lowly Phantom 2, and almost no experience, so I wonder how safe I am flying around a bunch of Teslas and people, assuming its a low wind day. We'll see.
I have an even more lowly Blade QX350 (I guess that's debatable, but most people seem to prefer the Phantom 2 - it's certainly more expensive) with a GoPro3+black. And absolutely no experience with that quadcopter.
If we have strong winds I won't fly it - but it should be very safe to fly in Safe mode and any damage to assembled Teslas would be purely unintentional.

Which reminds me - Bonnie, you are going to have people sign a waiver, right? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Videos of drones taking videos of Model S.
I would be worried about this. Two quadcopters in the air -> 10x the chance of a crash...
But hey, it's all for a good cause (as in, more traffic for TMC) :)

I have an even more lowly Blade QX350 (I guess that's debatable, but most people seem to prefer the Phantom 2 - it's certainly more expensive) with a GoPro3+black. And absolutely no experience with that quadcopter.
If we have strong winds I won't fly it - but it should be very safe to fly in Safe mode and any damage to assembled Teslas would be purely unintentional.

Which reminds me - Bonnie, you are going to have people sign a waiver, right? :)

If you fly it into someone's car, it's on you. So YOU might have them sign a waiver. Just saying.

Those of us in the @TeslaRoadTrip caravan compared notes and I think among us we'll bring four or five quadcopters to the barbecue.

In recognition of the combinatorial likelihood of disaster, complete with injuries and property damage, I promise I won't organize a photo mission involving a ring of quadcopters recursively filming each other while hovering over several million dollars worth of Teslas. :biggrin:

Those of us in the @TeslaRoadTrip caravan compared notes and I think among us we'll bring four or five quadcopters to the barbecue.

In recognition of the combinatorial likelihood of disaster, complete with injuries and property damage, I promise I won't organize a photo mission involving a ring of quadcopters recursively filming each other while hovering over several million dollars worth of Teslas. :biggrin:

Umm. No. Definitely.

Are you kidding??? You HAVE to do that!