Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Organized outing for Saturday Night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My count from this thread (not including maybes) is 18 attendees, but only 14 on Anyvite. Please remember to RSVP there, so I get a sense of how many to plan for (as far as food and carpooling). I will not cap it, the more the merrier.

oh, I am not making plans for drinks. Someone with a car want to volunteer to get some to share and we can all chip in to share costs?

My count from this thread (not including maybes) is 18 attendees, but only 14 on Anyvite. Please remember to RSVP there, so I get a sense of how many to plan for (as far as food and carpooling). I will not cap it, the more the merrier.

i think it's safe to say that there are a lot of people who would be interested to join but simply don't know about this. I linked the RSVP counter on my Facebook and tagged another attendee from Hawaii, and he messaged back and thanked me because he didn't see this (and still hasn't responded to this thread, so there's one RSVP extra from someone not even accounted for here).

I don't have Facebook account (I know, weird huh, but it was conscious decision). I assume you are only sharing with TMC members you communicate with through Facebook?

Yes, Facebook was actually irrelevant. Just the personal contact I have with the other attendee. Just trying to illustrate that I think this is a popular idea that many just don't yet know about so I wouldn't be surprised when everybody is there (at the Saturday conference) and hear where everyone is going afterwards, may end up wanting to join as well. Sorry to confuse the subject.

OK, time for decision. We have 22 yes, and 7 maybes and I suspect more will join on Wednesday and Thursday.

Choice 1 we still do take out at Mexican place, but I make order easy (like X number of meat burritos, Y number chicken, Z number of vegetarian) but not all individualized, so that I can call in advance and get order started

Choice 2 we eat together at the chinese restaurant instead of take out.

If we choose the take out, I'll set up an online poll (assuming I find out how) with only 4 choices of Mexican food, and you cast your vote for your order.

PLEASE SEE UPDATES on food. I will order in advance on Saturday. Please keep this thread for discussion, but be sure to place your order at the link below:

Place your Tacqueria order HERE by 5:00 Saturday

EDIT: please choose by 4 pm. Please stick to wraps (unless you are Glutenfree) as I will group wraps by type. Complicated orders get mixed up, but a bag of carnitas, bag o' shrimp, bag o' veggie etc, is less likely to have mistakes.

Last edited:
Agenda was updated to show drinks after group photo so we shift dinner. We will meet at lobby at 7pm to carpool at the beach. I will still go at 6:30 to pick up food, and bring it to the beach. Who volunteers to drive me and schlep bags and bags of wraps?

Monterey County California - Parks & Beaches

we we will be headed to Carmel Beach (Not Carmel River a Beach). Please see map and parking info at link above.

also, looks like steep stairs, and steep hill, so I guess I won't be going with you. I will organize food payment, pick up and car pools from Hotel Lobby. I hope everyone has a great time. For those left behind, I will see you at the pool after dinner.

:)

Lori
it is somewhat steep but there is also a small platform area right off the parking lot that overlooks the beach that has benches on it or we can hang out at the top of the beach where the people in the picture are. It's right off the parking, no stairs needed.

The thread says wraps only but on the order thread I see that people are requesting non-wraps. What's the final decision? Only wraps? I'm on restricted diet, and while I can make a wrap work, something without the tortilla would be better.

Thanks for organizing!