Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Conference BBQ, Thurs, 7/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A ride in a Roadster was on my bucket list. A ride with Bonnie is even better! But then no luggage?

Just how much stuff do you need for a weekend? My sister and I did a roadtrip to Newport Beach in the Roadster, with all of our stuff in the back. You get the equivalent of a carry-on suitcase for a flight. You'll be fine :)

(I did advise her to use a soft bag and put her stuff into little bags inside that. That way we could break our bags down and stuff the little bags wherever they would fit, and then put the little bags back in the larger soft bags when checking into a hotel for the night. #RoadsterPackingWizard )

I was planning one wheeled carry-on, but I could easily fit weekend gear into one soft daypack. But, I would need folding walker, not sure if that would fit. We could always throw that into someone else's Model S, and drive carefree.

The folding walker would have to go in another vehicle. I'm pretty sure it won't fit. But you will! I can fit my stuff around your carry on, so go ahead and bring that anyway (or we can even send that with your walker). My carry on fits just fine in the back, when it's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget a suit, towel, and sunscreen!

PPC Pool.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Back deck, hot tub is on the right (covered):

ppc back deck.jpg

So the band canceled on me yesterday. It was understandable, they were offered a paying gig. Onto Plan B: I called a friend with a great outdoor sound system, he'll come over and set it up early Thursday.

Then the phone rang early this morning ... another band. "Do you still want someone to play on Thursday?" Ummm, YES??

Love how this stuff works out. So we'll have both the outdoor sound system for before and after the band. And live music.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the water pictures, I'm wondering...

Is bonnie adopting? Does she need a gardener or somesuch? :)

There is never a shortage of stuff to do outside. Luckily, it's fun to work out there. You're free to volunteer anytime. I'll even feed you.

I know you love me. :)

So my son just sent a gift for us for the party. A slack line! ...

Is your son coming to the party?

there are lots of slack lines around our area (and I think lots of slackers on slack lines too)

- - - Updated - - -

If you'd like, I can bring mine to take pictures of yours taking pictures! Sounds like fun. I have the lowly Phantom 2, and almost no experience, so I wonder how safe I am flying around a bunch of Teslas and people, assuming its a low wind day. We'll see.

I have a regular flybarless 600 size heli if you want a chance to actually kill people?
(if anyone want to buy it let me know & I'll bring it - logo 500se)

- - - Updated - - -

.... Does Brianman do lawn work, pest control, and Model S washes (we'll provide the supplies) along with pool cleaning? If so, I have several rooms for rent. Use of the pool comes with the job.

I can also fix pools and hot tubs... and drink beer

Last edited:
I can also fix pools and hot tubs... and drink beer
Which reminds me... I'm also looking for a bartender.

So you got the job for working the pool and hot tub.... that leaves lawn work, cleaning, washing the Model S(s), and bartending for Brianman...

Don't worry, bartender can still use the hot tub, as it is right next to the entrance to the bar.

I'm not sure my 1 HPWC could handle this anymore...

Reminds me ... I'll need a few volunteers (can be more than one per job, so everyone can party...). Looks like we'll have just over 100 people here. (-silently says OMG-)

• Bartender (mostly self-serve, but someone to check on things from time to time),
  • (covered!) Registration - not overly formal, just get people signed in/put wristband on,
  • Parking - someone in charge of staging all the EVs for photo ops and keeping those damn ICE cars out of the way :),
  • (covered!) Charging 'czar' - organize any charging that needs to happen: I have two spots to charge at my garage, a NEMA 14-50 240/40amp and a Roadster HPC 240/70amp. I have a Roadster UMC for use with the 40 amp & Clipper Creek is bringing a portable J1772 that will also work with that for the Leafs/Coda. There will be a whiteboard for signups and amount of miles needed - I don't think it's going to be logistically difficult, since the Model S all have a nearby Supercharger. Just a few Leafs, a Coda, and a few Roadsters that will need top off miles to get back to the Bay area. I've worked out a plan with Tom Saxton to get his Roadster fully charged overnight - he can take mine and return it in the morning - if we run out of charge time.)
  • First Aid - dsm636 has graciously agreed to handle any first aid needs, but any other first responder/clinician on site - please identify! (covered!) And if someone has a portable defib, please bring.
  • Pool: I'd really like to know someone is watching the pool to make sure no one is unsafe. It can be a tag team thing. I'd like to know who is responsible & then when they leave, they make sure they know who is responsible. Maybe a hat? How can we do that?

And of course there are little miscellaneous things prior, like painting the private road coming in with some spray chalk ... Tesla logos, arrows, parking directions, stuff like that :).

Last edited:
Reminds me ... I'll need a few volunteers (can be more than one per job, so everyone can party...). Looks like we'll have just over 100 people here. (-silently says OMG-)

• Bartender (mostly self-serve, but someone to check on things from time to time),
  • Registration - not overly formal, just get people signed in/put wristband on,
  • Parking - someone in charge of staging all the EVs for photo ops and keeping those damn ICE cars out of the way :),
  • Charging 'czar' - organize any charging that needs to happen: I have two spots to charge at my garage, a NEMA 14-50 240/40amp and a Roadster HPC 240/70amp. I have a Roadster UMC for use with the 40 amp & Clipper Creek is bringing a portable J1772 that will also work with that for the Leafs/Coda. There will be a whiteboard for signups and amount of miles needed - I don't think it's going to be logistically difficult, since the Model S all have a nearby Supercharger. Just a few Leafs, a Coda, and a few Roadsters that will need top off miles to get back to the Bay area. I've worked out a plan with Tom Saxton to get his Roadster fully charged overnight - he can take mine and return it in the morning - if we run out of charge time.)
  • First Aid - dsm636 has graciously agreed to handle any first aid needs, but any other first responder/clinician on site - please identify! And if someone has a portable defib, please bring.
  • Pool: I'd really like to know someone is watching the pool to make sure no one is unsafe. It can be a tag team thing. I'd like to know who is responsible & then when they leave, they make sure they know who is responsible. Maybe a hat? How can we do that?

And of course there are little miscellaneous things prior, like painting the private road coming in with some spray chalk ... Tesla logos, arrows, parking directions, stuff like that :).

I have portable defib & will bring along ...hoping I won't actually be 'working' during the party...:).