Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Folding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a strictly PITA standpoint, it probably would have been easier to just say "All tech package cars entering production from today on have the power mirrors." Less stress on the other departments. Of course, then they miss out on that $250 from the cars confirmed but not yet produced, but maybe that would have been worth avoiding the hassle of changing a bunch of orders.

I have a bad feeling they're going to turn me down.

I just reached out to my DS about the possibility of them getting added as well. My car is scheduled to finish production the week of 11/18 so there should be time. I wish I had a firmer delivery window than the initial "Late November" though.

Oooops...that was very ugly! (The picture...)
So, what does a good looking folded side mirror look like? :wink:

Dont understand the strategy of different config for US and Europe... With the low dollar the earnings per car for Europe is much better than US so give us all stuff!!! ;-)
Have you asked Tesla why they offer a more limited selection of options to Europeans compared to what they offer Americans?

Heard back from my very responsive DS - they can add them but they cannot determine impact on timeline. "Current estimates say not much time is needed in your case" How he teases me so. No VIN, no production date and now this. This game of patience is now equal to the emotional undulations of courting my wife!

UPDATE: Production impact is quoted to be "48 hours or less". I pulled the trigger and added the mirrors to my build. Thanks mrfeb14 and all the eagle-eyed Tesla fans on this board for the quick post of changes!

Surely you are joking! We Americans waited months to get the cold weather package, fog lights and parking sensors that were available to European builds.
Why would I be joking? :confused:

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why the options available are (and have been?) different between Tesla’s American and European websites?

I have a feeling there’s some misunderstanding here somewhere…

I am super glad I checked the "latest threads" today! Thanks to all for sharing this. Just got off the phone with Tesla central control and they were able to upgrade my late November delivery to what they referred to as the October Tech Package which includes the power folding mirrors. Very cool!

-Alex

I am super glad I checked the "latest threads" today! Thanks to all for sharing this. Just got off the phone with Tesla central control and they were able to upgrade my late November delivery to what they referred to as the October Tech Package which includes the power folding mirrors. Very cool!

-Alex

Gotta love Tesla cust service--congrats on getting the change, and anyone else doing the same. $250 is worth it!

Emailed last night and called this morning, still no response from Tesla on upgrading mine. :-/
I e-mailed then called also. Just got an e-mail back and I was told my request has been submitted for approval but there is no guarantee that it WILL be approved because it is post-confirmation. I asked when I would know for sure...did not get a response yet.

Quick Edit: I specifically asked for TexEx to get the upsale credit (even though he had NOTHING to do with this request.) :tongue:

I e-mailed then called also. Just got an e-mail back and I was told my request has been submitted for approval but there is no guarantee that it WILL be approved because it is post-confirmation. I asked when I would know for sure...did not get a response yet.

From experience it took exactly one week to make ch ages to my finalized order. I made a change and called in four days, nothing, 5 days, nothing, 6 days, no change, 7th day, change appeared online. They did tell me it would take a week, but I didn't believe them... :)