Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: "Systems are powering up" error message

Do you get an error message “Systems are powering up. Please press brake when this message clears"

• I do not get this error message

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I rarely get this error message on occasion, and it passes quickly.

Votes: 68 32.2%
  • I get this error message frequently, and it passes quickly.

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • I get this error message frequently, and it can take 15-30 seconds or more to clear.

Votes: 97 46.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the message this morning in my 2015 S60. Center panel is unresponsive and I can't drive the car. Pressing the scroll wheels and the brake pedal to reboot didn't work. Pressing the buttons above the scroll wheels to reboot the driver side display panel rebootes the driver side display but didn't fix the error message problem. And I'm in an underground parking garage so Tesla can't communicate with my car. Can't connect to wifi to hotspot with my phone because the center panel is dark. Tesla's fix is a tow to the service center, I'm waiting for the tow truck and very frustrated.

Realize this is late, but for what it is worth, when in the "car powering up" stuck state, I find I have to press the brake pedal and scroll wheels for a very long time (once over 5 minutes) but it does eventually clear the error. Note I keep pressing them until the Tesla "T" appears on the center display (MCU).

This happened to my 2013 P85 twice in the last week. Couldn't connect via app and found touchscreen dead. I waited forever while that error message displayed in the IC. After 5 minutes I got tired of waiting and did the scroll wheel reboot. That did the trick until the next time it happened. Seems to happen after the car sits for a long time without being driven.

Yep. Almost every time I've ever had it happen (and every time in last 6 months) it has been after car has sat idle for 5 days or more at the airport while I was traveling and had apps all shut down to avoid vampire loss. Discovered it when I landed and couldn't connect to car when I started app to start cooling/heating car. Only solution was to go to car, double click fob to unlock car, enter car and then do the scroll wheel reset. My theory is that there is a deep sleep mode the car has entered but that the app times out before waking the car...

All mine: past 2012 Model S, present 2017 Model X, and 2018 Model 3 would get this message if they are undisturbed for quite some time and go into deep sleep.

When I get it, rather than wait, I just do a reboot.

Not my case. I have a P85 and I get this message when I'm only out of the car for a few minutes at a stop, then go back inside to drive. Something wrong here, and this in addition to my touchscreen going dark and nothing I try turns it on. Have a service appt in a week or so but any prior advice would be appreciated. It's tough to do anything without the touchscreen working.