Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'No Power' error message when charger connected.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla S P85D,

If I plug it in and charge it, then it charges absolutely fine.

However, if there is any significant delay (around 10minutes or so) between plugging in and charging (eg if I have scheduled charging for night-time electricity rate, or if I have pressed 'stop charging' on the app), then when the vehicle tries to charge, it gives the 'no power' message and on the app, the power lead is coloured red...... despite power being available. I have taken it to the local tesla dealership, but they cannot identify any issue.

I want to be able to plug the car in, and schedule charging for later in the day or overnight when energy costs are lower, but if more than ~10minutes expires between plugging in and charging, I get the 'no power' error and it fails to charge. The only way to rectify this, is to unplug the charger and plug it back in - in which case it starts straight away.

Anyone know how i can fix this, as Tesla doesn't seem to know?

The Tesla wall connector has a setting to prohibit charging during certain hours. If you have a Tesla wall connector check the wall connector settings. Also, make sure the mobile app and the setting viewable in the car are set the same and the way you want them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H