Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please! Talk me out of MX Plaid !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hooooooold

IMG_9111.jpeg

They are not a waste of money, it’s a fairly unique vehicle with unmatched price for the performance. The real problem imo is quality. There are a multitude of known and unresolved issues plaguing these cars from build quality which is a hit or miss to various suspension issues and mystery vibrations which are more often a miss than a hit. The Tesla service model is broken right now, the nearest SC still has month long waits, staff cuts will make this worse soon, and the staff can’t keep up with the defects coming out of the factory. Avoid vehicles that are likely to be in service often like the X. I’m sure many have different experiences but I’m talking about witnessing others in delivery queue with outrageous issues like defective windshield replacements, various trim and drivability problems etc. It’s a car that’s too complicated, stick with an S or Y or go Rivian, BMW or Porsche.

• Disagree
Reactions: youngmcdonald
Okay, so Tesla calls theirs Service Bulletins (obvious).

Interesting that, few of their manufacture communication, that i see just has the "entire" owner's manual, lol...

1713887608459.png

Okay, i'll thumb through these service bulletins from 2021.

I usually go through when i can the manufacturer communications (some what regularly) with BMW for their SIB publications (useful information's for owners and DIYers).

Looks like Tesla has some of their own too.

View attachment 1040940

View attachment 1040937

View attachment 1040938
Clearly there’s a correlation between how long the vehicle has been out there in ownership to these stats. You’re not comparing apples to apples 2019 vs 2024. The 2022 is essentially the same as 2024 and it’s clearly much worse than the longer sold and driven X3

Yeah, there seem to be, as already noted above, some wide swing (of hits and misses) by various MX owners. Obviously BMW for instance has their hits and misses as well. In that regard, i would go for a vehicle with at least lesser moving parts, in general.

Well, today "was" indeed interesting.

Summary:

Purchasing a new'ish 2024 MXP for $89,990 with ~300'ish miles on it. Stealth grey, all black interior. Kind of suspicious how quickly the SC wanted to move this (odd...) This price is as lowest as MXP has "ever" been, for brief ~1.5'ish months in late 2023 from Sep to Oct 2023.

This is it gents (and ladies).

Case closed!

And long live the living with Tesla QC (and services)... :) :(

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Well, today "was" indeed interesting.

Summary:

Purchasing a new'ish 2024 MXP for $89,990 with ~300'ish miles on it. Stealth grey, all black interior. This price is as lowest as MXP has "ever" been, for brief ~1.5'ish months in late 2023 from Sep to Oct 2023.

This is it gents (and ladies).

Case closed!

And long live the living with Tesla QC (and services)... :) :(
Congrats! Where are the pictures!?

Congrats! Where are the pictures!?
lol, haven't picked it up yet, it's mysteriously out in their Raleigh remote inventory lot.

This will go straight to the local shop in Garner, NC for ceramic, ppf and tint.

Monthly payment ~$914.62, still at 5.99% with 60 mos term.

Feedback from some was to try to get the monthly down to $800'ish/mo, that is a challenge with the rate.

Who knows maybe a refi down the road, perhaps.

Now i get to eat/live on pizza for next 60 mos... :p

lol, haven't picked it up yet, it's mysteriously out in their Raleigh remote inventory lot.

This will go straight to the local shop in Garner, NC for ceramic, ppf and tint.

Feedback from some was to try to get the monthly down to $800'ish/mo, that is a challenge with the rate.

To balance your budget, take your car out for a drive rather than going out for dinner one night a month!

Been playing hooky from work for past few days, urgh... just going through many, different scenarios, factoring other options for ev suv's from different mfg's. But you know what, at the end of the day, despite all the QC and service horrors (and they are indeed i'm sure genuine grips), IMHO Tesla is leading the pack. The competitors are indeed catching up, but i believe Tesla do have the "winning" platform with their hardware and software combinations (mostly the latter), that really makes their cars, (true) PC on wheel. Anyway, no more looking back, buyer's remorse. :)

and yes, NACS FTW !!!

Plan is for the family to take road trip in X to visit my brother in Alpharetta, GA this summer in Aug. Hot, hot, hot, humid............

Now i get to eat/live on pizza for next 60 mos... :p

Wait, did you finance the car? Facepalm.

Been playing hooky from work for past few days, urgh... just going through many, different scenarios, factoring other options for ev suv's from different mfg's. But you know what, at the end of the day, despite all the QC and service horrors (and they are indeed i'm sure genuine grips), IMHO Tesla is leading the pack. The competitors are indeed catching up, but i believe Tesla do have the "winning" platform with their hardware and software combinations (mostly the latter), that really makes their cars, (true) PC on wheel. Anyway, no more looking back, buyer's remorse. :)

and yes, NACS FTW !!!

Plan is for the family to take road trip in X to visit my brother in Alpharetta, GA this summer in Aug. Hot, hot, hot, humid............

I've been doing the same. I've been contemplating other 3 row EVs and also the Gas/hybrid counterparts. There is no perfect car and you will always find a story with someone who had a lemon or a major issue with a car. I'll probably end up with an X in the end as well.