Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid vs Mustang GT500 (Ha!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving on I-40 yesterday there was a Mustang ahead in the left lane. At an on-ramp another Mustang entered the highway. This was a GT500 with very loud mufflers. He pulled up along side the other Mustang and was bugging him to race. I guess the 1st Mustang declined since he didn't react. After mile or so we 3 had passed all the traffic and there was a long opening ahead with no traffic. I passed the 1st Mustang on the right and pulled along side the GT500 who was in the right lane. I came up beside him pretty quick so he got the message. He downshifted and punched it (LOUDly). So did I (QUIETly). Seriously, it was like he was standing still. This "race", if you can call it that, lasted about 2 seconds. He was way back there, so I slowed down before I got too close to the traffic ahead. He pulled up along side with his window down, laughing, and giving me an energetic thumbs-up. I think I just sold another Tesla for Elon. :)