Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3DM questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owned the '20M3DM for 3 weeks now. Love it so far, but I have a fw questions I haven't found answers to yet.

1). Auto wipers seem to come on whenever they want, Even when I have them turned off. Not desired as they turn on with the slightest drop of water, and are very aggressive on ensuring no water is on wind screen. How do I keep then off until I want them on, or adjust sensitivity to rain drops?

2) Auto tilt side mirrors on reverse. I tuned this off, because they pointed mirrors straight to the ground making reverse awkward and dangerous. Any way to turn back on, and only adjust the mirrors slightly down, so I can still see where I'm backing up?

3) Car seems to run even when I lock it and leave. A fan blows loudly from the front of the car. Is this normal? Is the car still on? Is there a "turn off" button/ command?

4). Lane assist veers right when a Lane widens for an on or off merge lane. Its trying to get to the middle of New Wider Lane (lane + ramp), before realizing Lane hasn't gotten wider. Is there a way to fix that?

5). Navigation- consistently plans a route near the office that takes me ~1 mile out of the way through multiple turns, instead of following same road it's on through a turn with a merge on it. How to I fix this so it will take/plan correct route, and can I make that a permanent route?

6) FSD installed Sunday. Not impressed with first drive. It was like riding with my 15 year old the first day he got his learners permit. Jerky lane changes (rapid shift to middle of New lane), full stops on confusing intersections, slamming on brakes for non-issue merging traffic, random lane changes to pass shortly before planned exit, pull out infront of another car without accelerating. I have to stay on that FSD to prevent wrecks

50 mile trip FSD Incidents:
1) Pulling out of neighborhood... Very slow, right in front of another car. I had to intervene to speed up.
2) hitting a sharp right bending turn on a back road at 45mph... And not following turn, with oncoming traffic, had to intervene quickly to stay in lane and slow down.
3) 2 navigation errors, where it didn't understand an intersection layout. Had to intervene to drive.
4) auto Lane switching was neat on highway, but doesn't comprehend whether it's worth doing or not if closer to exit. And it rapidly jerks to center of New lane once decision to switch is made.
5). Auto Slammed on brakes for a car on the on ramp from a rest area. I'm assuming it thought car was coming into our lane at high rate, Rather than following on ramp curve... Had to intervene to speed up to highway speed.
5) Had no idea how to handle sharp turn with reflectors at end of off ramp forcing right turn into acceleration lane, to get onto other highway. Basically stopped, and threw up her hands saying, I give up.

Anyways, answers to questions appreciated.

1. Normal. Even if you turn it off they will go back on auto when you use autopilot.

2. No, the tilted position can’t be customized.

3. Normal. The car will do things when it’s “off”. It’s never truly off.

4. Normal. It’s always been like that. FSD handles it better but basic autopilot does not.

5. Navigation will take stupid routes sometimes. Can’t do anything about it.

Reactions: FlynHokie