Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PINK Model S! Custom colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool to see someone trying a custom color. The current color range is not as beautiful as say, Aston Martin's is. I wish there were some warmer grays, and maybe something in a muted bronze.

The current colour range is geared to those who like dark colours (other than silver) and the obligatory black and white. If you don't like dark colours then white and silver are your only choices. If you want metallic then your only choice is silver. A more balanced palette would have a complementary light for each dark.

No, it isn't the same person. It's us. We frankly admit we were expecting a more bluish purple than how the paintform turned out, but still we quite like it. In sunlight it's really beautiful. We got custom because we both hate red and shades of gray, but we weren't going to drop off the sig list just to get a blue we didn't like either.

They don't do the custom colors in the paint shop. Instead they pull the car off the line after undercoating, and send it out to be done. Different paints have different flow properties, and they have to reprogram the robots for every color, and try until they get it right. At least that's what was explained to us. Even this turned out to be more of a hassle than they expected, making our car a bit late (apparently it passed Elon's inspection yesterday), and they've stopped offering custom colors for the forseeable future. The only ones I know are us and Roblab.

I had the same color issues and went with Pearl White !

I applaud you as well ggr! In all seriousness, you may want to contact the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer. Bet they'd love to feature it. After all, they commissioned a pink Roadster, or at least a drawing of one!

TESLA for the cure Tesla Motors
BCA_Front_1_large.jpg

And their pink Bentley looks pretty close in color to your car:

pinkbentley1.jpg

Check out the video of it:

Maybe just put stickers like this in your side windows:

_111111450395945.jpeg
or
CFTC-logo-final.jpeg
or
c.jpeg

you'll get universally positive thumbs-up and smiles, and maybe some donations to the very worthy cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applaud you as well ggr! In all seriousness, you may want to contact the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer.

Well, we're big supporters of Planned Parenthood, the American Cancer Society, and various gay rights organizations, so we're not afraid of colors like lavender... but I'm currently still piqued at the Komen foundation.

Saw a Mustang Lavender 'S-like' car that passed me on an Interstate in middle-america the other day. Really wanted that for my S but will manage to live with the green metallic. Actually, I'd like the ML paint cut in half with pure white, so only a glimmer of Lavender remains. A DIY in 10 years when the green reaches full faded glory.
--

So, asking for help here. One of our fenders got some minor but annoying scrapes. We took it to the Tesla-recommended repair shop (Amato's in Sorrento Valley, San Diego). But even though we told them the DuPont code for the paint, they can't seem to find anyone who can supply it! They've already fixed the fender, but now we're stuck with the car off the road. I'm working through Tesla to try to find out who painted it in the first place, but so far no luck, Joost isn't there any more I think. Does anyone who has more experience than us with custom colors have any suggestions for finding a supply?

So, asking for help here. One of our fenders got some minor but annoying scrapes. We took it to the Tesla-recommended repair shop (Amato's in Sorrento Valley, San Diego). But even though we told them the DuPont code for the paint, they can't seem to find anyone who can supply it! They've already fixed the fender, but now we're stuck with the car off the road. I'm working through Tesla to try to find out who painted it in the first place, but so far no luck, Joost isn't there any more I think. Does anyone who has more experience than us with custom colors have any suggestions for finding a supply?

Thanks to the people who PMed me with useful info. The problem is now solved, we should get the car back early next week.