Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures & Video from the Model X Unveiling (02/09/2012)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
402fa499-924f-be8d.jpg

402fa499-925e-e52f.jpg

402fa499-927b-ccbe.jpg

---
I am here: Google Maps

Worried about low-ceiling multi-story car parks.... :scared:

But some very cool stuff (possibilities!) in the CNNmoney Article:

The demonstration vehicle Tesla showed reporters at the carmaker's Torrance, Calif., headquarters had a few features that might not make it into production, including cameras that act as side view mirrors. Doing away with side view mirrors would improve the SUV's aerodynamics and significantly increase driving range, said Musk. Safety regulations might stand in the way, though.

The Model X will be available in both rear- and four-wheel-drive versions. The four-wheel-drive version, which will use two independent electric motors, will have a zero-to-sixty acceleration time in the 4.4 seconds, Musk said.

Last edited:
As a longtime DeLorean owner, I find this kind of awesome. I still prefer the S for my needs (I also think it's sexier), plus I just personally am not a fan of SUVs in principle, but I do *LOVE* the DeLorean's doors because it's so much easier to get in and out of than literally any other car.

It's kind of funny that X has these doors, considering how Elon has publicly shied away from comparisons to DeLorean. I know he just doesn't want to be compared to DMC because DMC failed, but still, putting similar doors on the X will only invite more DeLorean comparisons. :)

kinda feeling that, but I think seeing them in motion might impress.

Also, if they've done their homework on these kinds of doors (i.e. paid attention to the DeLorean), Model X will include a door launcher system that will open the rear doors automatically with the key fob. Mercedes somehow doesn't offer this on their $200k supercar SLS even though thousands of DeLoreans have it installed.