Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Instrument Panel Glitching After Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2023 Model X had a software update on 05/15/23. Immediately after the update, the instrument panel screen started flashing these white, yellow, and blue shapes/voids. It's a bit difficult to describe. It happens intermittently, about once a minute. I'm not able to upload the video, but I took a few screenshots from the video and attached them. Anyone else having this issue since the latest update?

Attachments

• Tesla Glitch.JPG
    Tesla Glitch.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Tesla Glitch 2.JPG
    Tesla Glitch 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Tesla Glitch 3.JPG
    Tesla Glitch 3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 73
My 2023 Model X had a software update on 05/15/23. Immediately after the update, the instrument panel screen started flashing these white, yellow, and blue shapes/voids. It's a bit difficult to describe. It happens intermittently, about once a minute. I'm not able to upload the video, but I took a few screenshots from the video and attached them. Anyone else having this issue since the latest update?
I haven't seen that issue myself nor have I seen any posts about it. I'd suggest using your app to schedule service and uploading the pictures there. While it's purely a guess on my part it's more likely to be a hardware problem as opposed to software (but just in case have you done a double scroll wheel reset?).

Another remote possibility is that your individual update got corrupted while downloading and they might push the same update again to see if that corrects the problem.

Last edited:
I did a reset as soon as the issue presented itself. I will likely do another, just in case. I scheduled a service appointment with Tesla, hoping they can correct it remotely.
I started the update (FSD Beta v11.4.1) first thing Monday morning (05/15/23) and I drove it once the update completed. Within the first few minutes of driving, I noticed the screen "glitching". Could be a hardware issue, but it is a bit coincidental that the issue appeared within minutes of a software update.
I'll be sure to provide updates as they come, in case others have this issue after downloading 11.4.1.
Thank you for your input! Greatly appreciated.

I’m having the same or similar issueMX 2022 v 2023.7.5. its like heat lightning on the screen. rapid intermittent flashing. Mine has been always white lightning, as frequent as every 30 seconds for 5 min or so, then fine for awhile, then starts again. Every drive, with or without cruise control or FSD. City or highway, rural or city. tried a reset ( both scroll wheels depressed) with no effect, twice.

I’m having the same or similar issueMX 2022 v 2023.7.5. its like heat lightning on the screen. rapid intermittent flashing. Mine has been always white lightning, as frequent as every 30 seconds for 5 min or so, then fine for awhile, then starts again. Every drive, with or without cruise control or FSD. City or highway, rural or city. tried a reset ( both scroll wheels depressed) with no effect, twice.
I tried twice from home to make an appointment for mobile service and got a message that the service doesn’t work “connection fail unknown error” this now has a third time away from home over cellular. Had help me if this had happened on the highway out in Nebraska. What is it “out of luck”? I am very displeased and concerned. What to do? Drive 75 miles to service center and hope they will 1) talk to me 2) listen3) immediately fix problem? I am hoping that a reinstall of software, which could be done remotely, will fix the problem. Who knows?

Update: So I contacted Tesla Service and they assumed it was a corrupted software update. They re-pushed the update to my MX to see if that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, it didn't. If anything, it got worse. Good news is that within a week, a software update for FSD Beta v11.4.2 came out and I updated it. It fixed it!
However, now my FSD is almost useless now. It's trying to constantly lane hop, even when approaching an upcoming turn. For example, if I have an upcoming left turn and I am on a 2-lane road, it will change lanes to the right hand lane within a quarter mile of the left turn. Additionally, it's constantly trying to make left turns on a straight route (even though the navigation on FSD is showing the correct route). The route has me going straight for several miles, but it keeps trying to turn left into 'no through-street' neighborhoods. I even turned on "Minimal Lane Changes", but that did not make a difference. I've driven this same route to work on FSD for months with very few issues, but since the FSD 11.4.2 update, it's essentially unusable. The blinker comes on every 10-15 seconds and I have to cancel it. It's super distracting and I probably look like a nutbag to other drivers on the road.
I'm going to email FSD Beta about these issues to make them aware of it.

Update: So I contacted Tesla Service and they assumed it was a corrupted software update. They re-pushed the update to my MX to see if that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, it didn't. If anything, it got worse. Good news is that within a week, a software update for FSD Beta v11.4.2 came out and I updated it. It fixed it!
However, now my FSD is almost useless now. It's trying to constantly lane hop, even when approaching an upcoming turn. For example, if I have an upcoming left turn and I am on a 2-lane road, it will change lanes to the right hand lane within a quarter mile of the left turn. Additionally, it's constantly trying to make left turns on a straight route (even though the navigation on FSD is showing the correct route). The route has me going straight for several miles, but it keeps trying to turn left into 'no through-street' neighborhoods. I even turned on "Minimal Lane Changes", but that did not make a difference. I've driven this same route to work on FSD for months with very few issues, but since the FSD 11.4.2 update, it's essentially unusable. The blinker comes on every 10-15 seconds and I have to cancel it. It's super distracting and I probably look like a nutbag to other drivers on the road.
I'm going to email FSD Beta about these issues to make them aware of it.
Did you also get the 2022.44 map update? I was on map version 2022.22 until a few days before my FSDb 11.4.2 update, and while I'm certain 11.4.2 had some regressions, I suspect that some behavior I'm having (similar to yours) may be due to the map update and not tho beta update. The map update can happen without you ever knowing, so I'm lucky to have caught it happening or I'd be blaming the FSD update too...