Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why cats have whiskers! They don't go in anywhere whiskers don't fit.
Not all cats know how to sue their whiskers though...
Pictured%2BThe%2Bpet%2Bdog%2Bin%2Ba%2Bpickle%2Bstuck%2Bbetween%2Brailings%252C%2Bthe%2Bcat%2Bjammed%2Bin%2Ba%2Bwindow%2Band%2Bthe%2Bhorse%2Bwith%2Bits%2Bhead%2Brammed%2Bin%2Ba%2BTREE%2B%2B3.jpg

Employees paying full retail price for a beta car is hardly what I would call a good deal. They are paying their own hard earned money to help Elon work bugs and kinks out of his flagship vehicle. He makes billions while a lot of these folks have car payments. Just stupid.
Was it any better to use us (customers) to beta test their first vehicles....? :p

If you consider just another 4 criteria (wanting long range, PUP, afford it, not in current automotive financial obligation, etc) at a 50% probability each, it does narrow it down to 2%.

Example:
100% pre-ordered
1/2 don't follow through with order for any reason (maybe decide to wait for Model Y). down to 50%
1/2 remainder don't want LR, can't afford it, any reason - down to 25%
1/2 remainder don't wan't PUP, down to 12.5%
1/2 remainder are waiting for AWD, 6.25%
1/2 haven't saved up enough of a down payment yet, ~3%
1/2 Just aren't ready to buy it yet, still in a lease/loan/etc, 1.5% left
This would only be true not only the 50% drop for each is a good estimate, but also each condition are independent on another. The latter is almost impossible to be true.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Model 3 and Snerruc
Maybe Tesla taught me to be that way.

Are they meeting their Model 3 production dates? How did they do with the Model S and X production dates and times?

Elon just made a statement a few months ago about new battery technology......."Don't give me a power point presentation about how your new battery works. Build it and show me".

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Tesla.....show off those high numbered vin numbers if you are making them in sequence. Be proud Tesla.

"Accelerate" us into the future of sustainable transport.

I was speaking purely in the context of the front heated seats being standard, and your slowness to come around to accepting they are, despite multiple threads providing evidence in support of that. The funny thing is you disagreed with my statement as a post rating, and then write a verbose statement about how you don't see anything wrong with it. But whatever, your post count clearly indicates you have longer legs for internet arguments than I do, so I'll bow out and remain silent, allowing this thread to get back on track.

Looking forward to more production photos of blue and midnight silver, as those are the two colors I'm debating between. Would really love to see more with 18's and aero covers removed.

Just thinking and wondering .......

Regarding the estimates above pertaining to the number of employees that will order .....
I'd imagine the number would be higher than anticipated.
Surely, some employees will order, then sell to family?
Surely, some will order and sell on the open market?

Human nature would seem to dictate that if you have what so many want ... the conditions are ripe for selling at a profit.
Tesla may have prohibited a resale ... but once the car is in an owners hands, I can't see Tesla having much of a say in the matter.
A lot of line employees have stock options worth tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. An early employee would have vested at $17 or 30 a share. They also get 7500 federal and a 2500 California incentive. So a 45000 car for 35000, save 50-75% on fuel and HOV access. 1% adoption my eye.

Thanks for explaining to people. You started from 100% reserved, yet it dwindled down so quickly.
Then there is also the geographic roll out plan, cuv/suv/pick up, charging at home/apt and the large % that can't buy new car .
If anyone thinks $17/hr Tesla factory workers commuting 1+ hr a day are going to buy this in droves, he is in for a shock.

Thanks bro, for coming here to introduce me :) Nice try on the ad hominem instead of attacking the argument.
Rabid, eh? Guess you need a mirror to look at yourself and the fellow longs from the investor section :) How does a dose of reality to go with your cup of Koolaid sound to you?

Have you introduced yourself btw? "Desperatelly wants the company to fail", that's funny. If the stock is $100 and everyone gets their cars, is it a fail? If the stock is $400 but very few gets a good car, is it a success?
You seem much more agitated and angry than usual. You are usually happy to sidetrack a discussion. Does Elon's impossible stretch production goal, all coming along right on the expedited schedule concern you?
I'm really amazed this is progressing nearly so well. I fully expect some hiccup, but am very happy all has progressed so well.

I was speaking purely in the context of the front heated seats being standard, and your slowness to come around to accepting they are, despite multiple threads providing evidence in support of that. The funny thing is you disagreed with my statement as a post rating, and then write a verbose statement about how you don't see anything wrong with it. But whatever, your post count clearly indicates you have longer legs for internet arguments than I do, so I'll bow out and remain silent, allowing this thread to get back on track.

Looking forward to more production photos of blue and midnight silver, as those are the two colors I'm debating between. Would really love to see more with 18's and aero covers removed.
my slowness? you guys are something else. Just insult after insult.

Thanks to all of those folks out there who PM and email me with your support.

Can someone please post some pictures of some high numbered VIN's? Is there any difference in appearance ( improvements ) over lower number VIN's?

Folding mirrors were invented on european cars for street parking on narrow streets. You should be using mirrors to navigate in and out of garage. If you don't have enough clearance for mirrors, I'll wager you are going to scrape your car at some point. That is why cats have whiskers! They don't go in anywhere whiskers don't fit.
catindrain.1.jpg

"You guys are something else. Just insult after insult." - A quote from a page back.

I've noticed that as well. I'm unaccustomed to people being that way.
I like to debate an issue, and generally learn something. But when faced with someone that is insulting, or gives no credibility to there being another legitimate opinion ... it ceases to be fun.

I suppose it's the nature of a forum. There were several really intelligent engineers on the PriusChat that I could ask a question ... and get a straight, informative, and accurate answer. Then there were those that were famous for their "put-downs."

Status
Not open for further replies.