Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up 2023 Model Y Performance today [01.16.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 23 Tesla Model Y Performance on Fri, Jan 13, 23 8:25am and Picked it up today Mon, Jan 16, 23 1:30PM. The order process went smooth and fast..

Screenshot 2023-01-16 220504.jpg

Awesome, enjoy!

I too ordered Jan 13, just 25 mins behind you… depending on time zone, received my confirmation email at 8:50am est. Was from local inventory supposedly but notified it won’t be at local Tesla store until the 27th 😒 . My build is black performance with tow hitch.

I was contemplating going for the plaid S, how do you find the actual acceleration of the car? Is it pretty impressive or just OK? Thanks

Reactions: WTKSDLA
Awesome, enjoy!

I too ordered Jan 13, just 25 mins behind you… depending on time zone, received my confirmation email at 8:50am est. Was from local inventory supposedly but notified it won’t be at local Tesla store until the 27th 😒 . My build is black performance with tow hitch.

I was contemplating going for the plaid S, how do you find the actual acceleration of the car? Is it pretty impressive or just OK? Thanks
I got the gray MYP with tow hitch in December. It's pretty fast. You can definitely feel it in your stomach when you mash the accelerator :)

Awesome, enjoy!

All you guys ordering on Friday the 13th? I picked up a new Ford F-450 that week after waiting a year from order to delivery. The dealer called me on the 12th and said it arrived and would be ready for pickup next day, Friday the 13th. I said PLEASE deliver it on the 12th, my birthday and not being Tesla they were flexible and made it happen. :)

• Funny
Reactions: alexgr
All you guys ordering on Friday the 13th? I picked up a new Ford F-450 that week after waiting a year from order to delivery. The dealer called me on the 12th and said it arrived and would be ready for pickup next day, Friday the 13th. I said PLEASE deliver it on the 12th, my birthday and not being Tesla they were flexible and made it happen. :)
So, you don't know how Tesla delivery works. Normally, you have choice of several days and times to pick up your Tesla and everything including pick up schedule normally works through your Tesla app. Of course, you will find anecdotal stories of Tesla deliveries going wrong as well as stories of Ford deliveries going well. ;)

So, you don't know how Tesla delivery works. Normally, you have choice of several days and times to pick up your Tesla and everything including pick up schedule normally works through your Tesla app. Of course, you will find anecdotal stories of Tesla deliveries going wrong as well as stories of Ford deliveries going well. ;)
I think the latter is rarer. I was given a choice of day but only one location. Not home delivery just local delivery center.

Reactions: alexgr
I think the latter is rarer. I was given a choice of day but only one location. Not home delivery just local delivery center.
The location is usually set well before delivery. I believe you can ask for home delivery, but it costs extra ($750 for my location) and you basically accept the car without seeing it because as soon as it is on the delivery trailer, it's yours. If anything happens to your car during home delivery, you will have to talk to the delivery company, not Tesla.

Awesome, enjoy!

Having a Model 3 performance it feel faster on take off but, the Model Y is not bad. Feels torquer felt like I spun the wheels.