Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peak Charging Rate @ Superchargers - Model 3 Standard Range +

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just picked up a couple of days ago my new and first Tesla. So far I love it. I do have a question about v3 superchargers and 2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range +. What is the peak charging rate that this particular model can achieve? I've read conflicting info, where on one site, it says that model 3's can charge as fast as 250kW, while on others it says 150kW.

Question: in a perfect world (given ideal battery temps, outdoor temps, and close to empty battery) how fast could my 2021 Model 3 Standard Range + expect to charge at a V3 supercharger?

Also, could someone tell me what battery size comes in my model? is it 54kWh?

Question: in a perfect world (given ideal battery temps, outdoor temps, and close to empty battery) how fast could my 2021 Model 3 Standard Range + expect to charge at a V3 supercharger?

According to the specs listed on the Tesla site the Model 3 SR+ can charge at a maximum of 170 kW.

The Model 3 trim is not important for SC rates.

Wrong, it makes a difference. LR and Performance can charge at up to 250kW, while SR and SR+ can only charge at up to 170kW.

Also, non battery related, I need some advise on a specific scenario. I went for a drive with my wife and son, and when I got to my destination I jumped out of the vehicle and my wife and son stayed inside the car. When I got back the alarm had gone off and music was blaring as my wife opened the door. I understand that’s the anti theft alarm, but in situations when I leave the vehicle but someone stays inside, how do I avoid the alarm if by mistake someone opens a door?

I don’t want to have to deactivate walk away locking. Any help would be appreciated

I don’t want to have to deactivate walk away locking. Any help would be appreciated
The exact thing happened to us, when I accidentally deleted my wife's access card, which in turn deactivated her 'phone-as-key'. Without deactivating 'walk-away-locking', and/or 'security alarm', the only 2 ways to avoid that is either for your wife to download the Tesla app on her phone, you authorizing her access to the car (which she could track at any time), and setting her phone as key, while having the app active while you're away. The other is to give her the 2nd access card, and place it ahead of the center console lid, which basically keeps the car in 'ignition on' mode, ready to drive. I agree Tesla should make an update to avoid locking the car (or at least not activating the alarm) when people never left the car. There's a freaking 'selfie' camera there, plus movement and seat sensors, so it shouldn't be hard at all.

By the way, what the heck is the 'selfie' camera for? I couldn't find how to activate it, or what it's use is. Thx.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
The exact thing happened to us, when I accidentally deleted my wife's access card, which in turn deactivated her 'phone-as-key'. Without deactivating 'walk-away-locking', and/or 'security alarm', the only 2 ways to avoid that is either for your wife to download the Tesla app on her phone, you authorizing her access to the car (which she could track at any time), and setting her phone as key, while having the app active while you're away. The other is to give her the 2nd access card, and place it ahead of the center console lid, which basically keeps the car in 'ignition on' mode, ready to drive. I agree Tesla should make an update to avoid locking the car (or at least not activating the alarm) when people never left the car. There's a freaking 'selfie' camera there, plus movement and seat sensors, so it shouldn't be hard at all.

By the way, what the heck is the 'selfie' camera for? I couldn't find how to activate it, or what it's use is. Thx.
Selfie cam is for monitoring passengers when in robotaxi mode (not something it can do now). It’s been suggested that it should be used for driver monitoring but right now it cannot be activated and is not being used for anything.

• Disagree
Reactions: todd2fst4u

When you walk away and the car locks, can't you not just unlock the door via the app so the alarm doesn't activate?

The inside camera is not used yet.

The cabin camera can be used as analytics by Tesla.
139A9598-660C-4C58-831F-73BFDEBD4BFC.jpeg

Also, non battery related, I need some advise on a specific scenario. I went for a drive with my wife and son, and when I got to my destination I jumped out of the vehicle and my wife and son stayed inside the car. When I got back the alarm had gone off and music was blaring as my wife opened the door. I understand that’s the anti theft alarm, but in situations when I leave the vehicle but someone stays inside, how do I avoid the alarm if by mistake someone opens a door?

When you get out of the car, don't fully latch your door. Only closing it to the first click will keep the car unlocked and awake, with climate control on. I routinely do this when Supercharging.

According to the specs listed on the Tesla site the Model 3 SR+ can charge at a maximum of 170 kW.

Wrong, it makes a difference. LR and Performance can charge at up to 250kW, while SR and SR+ can only charge at up to 170kW.

170 would still be a V3 charger. I was pretty pleased with 188 yesterday but partly that was a low soc because Goleta was shut down and I had to go further than I wanted.