Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

P3D Highway Passing Speed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Mercedes was NOT RACING AGAINST A P3D......DIFFERENT CONDITIONS. Dude...what’s with the 3 page quotes.... the direct meaningful comparison was the Porsche GT2RS lined up with a F1 driver against a normal dude driving a stock P3D. The Porsche is dealing with the same exact conditions as the Tesla...except that it’s being launched by one of the best drivers in the World and it gets spanked. Deal with it. The P3D will becomes even quicker when it receives a 5% boost to peak HP. WHAT MODEL 3 Do you OWN ??????

It is possible for the Tesla Model 3 to be an awesome vehicle, while simultaneously not being the fastest production car in the world, in real-world conditions.

To satisfy your disclosure requirements, I own a P3D.

Last edited:
I think many forget to mention that many of these cars which claim to be quicker than a Model 3 near the same price range you have to have their respective launch modes enabled and you have to be hitting the gas while stepping on the brake waiting for the stoplight to turn green, at every stoplight. Whereas, Model 3 you just mash the accelerator and you're done.

Mercedes AMG E63S is a joke in that it costs more than a P100D and is slower to 60 mph. Sad face for Mercedes fans. Perhaps they'll do better next time.

Apparently EdisonDrvr knows so little about cars he thinks Porsches are made by Mercedes... since that's the example he keeps using to defend his objectively and factually false claim a P3D is much quicker than any Mercedes....

(he also seems to think how quick a car is in a straight line from 0-60 has anything to do with a totally different car being nearby while they're doing it.... it's like he thinks Teslas have some magic SUPERGRAVITY or something that makes every car near them run much slower or something equally nuts... I mean, everybody knows the artificial gravity only comes in the SpaceX package on the new roadster...)

Last edited:
P3D spanks Porsche in head to head no BS race.....nuff said. Head to head ..... the rest is .......

I just watched/witnessed first hand at my local track 2 nights ago
a 2014 PORSCHE TURBO S walk a P3D IN 1/4 mile drag

off the line it was a close race but after 1/8 mile it was over

The P3D is exceptionally amazing off the line(quicker than almost anything else on the road)
however there are many cars capable of running quicker times in 1/4 miles 1/2 mile

Just keeping it real :cool:

Last edited:
I just watched/witnessed first hand at my local track 2 nights ago
a 2014 PORSCHE TURBO S walk a P3D IN 1/4 mile drag

off the line it was a close race but after 1/8 mile it was over

The P3D is exceptionally amazing off the line(quicker than almost anything else on the road)
however there are many cars capable of running quicker times in 1/4 miles 1/2 mile

Just keeping it real :cool:
they all cost 2-4x as much as a p3d though. p3d is best bang for the buck car hands down (imho)