Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D 1/4 Mile at PBIR vs Huracan...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More video from TRC:
10.79 second at 124.24 mph 1/4 mile confirmed. But that's with a very bad launch and bad track surface. By the way, why do any drag strip want to put "water box" (pool of water) right before your car roll into the launch area?? It just sound crazily stupid that reduce traction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I have two questions to ask of those with more knowledge than myself. In the P90D versus P 100 D,, there is tape on the guards,, is this to stop stone chips or something to do with the internal part of the mud guard coming loose? Also I expect the fastest launch would be with the suspension in low, correct?

thanks, we did all of that... no way it's worth 1/10th, but we did it... :)

I see that the timing slips use millisecond precision.

Although I am unsure how many of these digits are considered significant, I was wondering if it would yield a measurable reduction in drag to mount the camera on the inside of the vehicle (having it film through the window), and to fold in the side mirrors. (These changes could f.ex. be done to the ICE racing the Tesla in the first post, I can't tell if the side mirrors are folded on the Tesla, but it looks like it has a couple of roof mounted cameras).

I see that the timing slips use millisecond precision.

Although I am unsure how many of these digits are considered significant, I was wondering if it would yield a measurable reduction in drag to mount the camera on the inside of the vehicle (having it film through the window), and to fold in the side mirrors. (These changes could f.ex. be done to the ICE racing the Tesla in the first post, I can't tell if the side mirrors are folded on the Tesla, but it looks like it has a couple of roof mounted cameras).
folding the Tesla side mirrors probably would make the aero drag worse, coz the flat side of the mirror would be exposed to the front.