Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overnight Test Drive Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
usually they offer overnight test drives if you have put down a deposit already.
Can understand. I just happen to be in town (4.5 hr drive to closest) and scheduled a test drive. If they happen to let me then great, but I'm not planning on it. It just happens to be scheduled for the day the 3 is available for pre-order in the store. May be putting a deposit in for either an S or 3 depending on how it goes...

Can understand. I just happen to be in town (4.5 hr drive to closest) and scheduled a test drive. If they happen to let me then great, but I'm not planning on it. It just happens to be scheduled for the day the 3 is available for pre-order in the store. May be putting a deposit in for either an S or 3 depending on how it goes...

actually if your there just for a test drive then u should be fine. if you want an overnight one, i think you need a deposit.

In my experience, they let you take a car over night if you are genuinely interested in getting the car. I did 2 overnight test drives already, both without having put down a deposit. After the second test drive, I ordered a 70D (delivery in about 5 weeks).
Generally, the folks at the Tesla stores are awesome and are going way beyond what traditional car dealers would do - as long as you don't try to snatch a free "fun night out with a Tesla".

I have the 70D in my garage as well. Day 2 as a test drive. I am sold on this car!!!! Changing my configuration to 70D. More then enough range and it will save me the 13k (if I went with the 90D). Now the 1 bad thing I can say about it is the wait is going to KILL me. You are warned

I have the 70D in my garage as well. Day 2 as a test drive. I am sold on this car!!!! Changing my configuration to 70D. More then enough range and it will save me the 13k (if I went with the 90D). Now the 1 bad thing I can say about it is the wait is going to KILL me. You are warned

Wow I should have asked for a saturday night test drive too! That way i could have kept it for 2 nights. The wait sucks... still havent entered production yet and its been a month and a half. :(

I have been really into the Tesla for years. I do not make enough money to purchase one but I am in love with the car. Needless to say, a new showroom opened near my house. I went in to check one out and they emailed me to do a test drive. About a week went by and I didn't respond yet because I was trying to figure out a day to get a sitter etc... I then received an email offering me the overnight.
I told the woman who emailed that I love Tesla but had just purchased a brand new car months before AND could not afford the car anyway. I just wanted to be upfront. She told me she still wanted me to experience the car, talk about it, post about it and show my friends at work and at home. So of course I said yes!!!!
I was going to pick the car up at 2 pm on Easter and someone would pick it up from my house at 6:3- pm on Monday (the next day).
Then I received an email stating that their showroom is closed Easter. i was preparing myself for a let down. Too good to be true! But no.... she offered for me to pick it up Saturday and still have it until Monday evening. Seriously??? Tesla is awesome.
So to say it is only for qualified buyers... not true.
However, when I bring it to work on Monday, there are MANY qualified buyer there and I plan on selling the crap out of the car to them.
Thank you Tesla and one day I will have my own! Looking forward to this weekend!

I went to the Gallery here in Dallas and after an hour sitting in a show car, ordered mine without ever having a test drive. I had one "scheduled" for 10 days later because the State of Texas would not issue any more permits for Tesla to offer Test drives that month. I am so glad I ordered when I did and didn't look back.

I would recommend anyone seriously thinking of ordering request an overnight, or at least extended, test drive. I'm in the Houston area and told the Tesla rep that while I was close to ordering a 90D, I really wanted to spend more time with the car to make sure I was making the right decision. I am really glad I did. The rep dropped the car off at my house at 8:30 on Saturday morning and picked it up at 7:30 that evening. An upcoming special event prevented me from keeping the car overnight, but I had enough time to drive the car about 120 miles and really see what it was like. Because of the extended drive, I changed my mind on my preferred configuration, adding the pano, adding the premium interior, and changing the headliner color. Another big benefit is that my wife is more comfortable with getting the car.

After the drive, I sent a note to the gallery manager, praising the effort made by the rep to get me the car at the last minute and telling him how the extended drive really made a difference to my decision. I figured that if he heard about the impact it had on me, it would encourage them to offer the extended drive to others.