Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered S85 3/13/15 - Let's track this thing out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And FWIW, mine just changed in status, from being built to entering the production queue. I went backwards! :(

And edited. It now shows as production complete, in transit. Sweet!

I don't see yours in the spreadsheet (I could just be old and blind). Can you add it if it isn't there? At least post the ordering and VIN details here so those of us madly clicking refresh on "My Tesla" can see how close we're getting.

When you pick up your 85, just remember the Internet adage: "pics or it didn't happen" :)
As requested, I have pics! I was really humbled by the delivery process. What a cool way to introduce someone to their car. It might be done like this with other manufacturers but I've never experience it.
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg

It's interesting. Now I'm finding that the Blink stations I thought would work really well have bad displays and don't connect. Things I'd never notice until I actually needed them. I'm stuck with outside charging options until we get the solar system finalized. Then I can install the NEMA plug.

Is it weird that I want to sleep in the car tonight!? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Great pics and beautiful car! Looks very much like mine when it will arrive. Are those leather fob holders along with the keyfobs? Which one of the three in the second pic got the first drive? I bet you all are still smiling! And nope, camp out tonight to "monitor" charging. Heck, I've slept in my 4Runner before, but I was also camping lol.

Congrats on your new car Jimmy.
Great thread, it crackles with your excitement, joy and energy.

Regarding your non-charging experience with Blink:
If you have access to a 110V plug in your garage or at your work, you can still get a "trickle charge" until you get the Nema 14-50 installed.
Very, very slow rate of charge, but it will keep you from going into a complete negative energy usage trend.
Eventually, every location that you plug in your car to charge will show up on your dash, just not as a Supercharger.

Great pics and beautiful car! Looks very much like mine when it will arrive. Are those leather fob holders along with the keyfobs? Which one of the three in the second pic got the first drive? I bet you all are still smiling! And nope, camp out tonight to "monitor" charging. Heck, I've slept in my 4Runner before, but I was also camping lol.

So I'm the one on the left in the group. The other two are car fanatic friends of mine. (Crazy that I almost put a pic of my checkbook on the forum!:scared: haha). And yes, they gave us 2 leather fobs to carry the keys in! I was going to buy one of the silicone ones to protect it so this was a treat. And it's nice to be able to hang them on a hook by the door like all the other cars. The Aston was a solid key with no way to connect a keyring so I always left it in the center console. I guess you can't do that with this or it can drain the battery.

Congrats jimmy! What a cool way to receive the car.

Thanks!

Congrats on your new car Jimmy.
Great thread, it crackles with your excitement, joy and energy.

Regarding your non-charging experience with Blink:
If you have access to a 110V plug in your garage or at your work, you can still get a "trickle charge" until you get the Nema 14-50 installed.
Very, very slow rate of charge, but it will keep you from going into a complete negative energy usage trend.
Eventually, every location that you plug in your car to charge will show up on your dash, just not as a Supercharger.

Yeah the 110 will work. I do have 110V plug in a perfect spot, but you're right, it charges at about 3-4 miles per hour charge. Good to know the Blink stations I visit will be listed on my dash. Is that using the PlugShare map?

And FWIW, mine just changed in status, from being built to entering the production queue. I went backwards! :(

And edited. It now shows as production complete, in transit. Sweet!

I spoke with the SC yesterday. They confirmed that production is complete and that the car is on the truck but then noted that the truck is still sitting at the factory and has been for a few days. Ugh... But it'll get here eventually.

JimmyAZ, what a great post! I read every one - you should go back and think about how you were feeling as it moved through the process . . . just for old times sake! :)

Was there anything you were overyly appreciative of at delivery?

Was there anything you wish were different or were disappointed in at delivery?

JimmyAZ, what a great post! I read every one - you should go back and think about how you were feeling as it moved through the process . . . just for old times sake! :)

Was there anything you were overly appreciative of at delivery?

Was there anything you wish were different or were disappointed in at delivery?

Thank you! This process was amazing; all the way down to the delivery appointment. One thing that I was really appreciative of was the conversation with service about the car. I have to assume the new owner is also new to EV, so they tell you what to expect with service and how they can help if you have a flat tire and such. They also were adamant about having me call them with ANY question that I had about the car. They wanted to be my first contact above all. I've never had that with any service department except BMW, which was only because he was a car nut like me so we'd talk all the time.

So was the seat comfortable to sleep in? :biggrin:

Although I didn't sleep in the car last night, I'm pretty sure I was driving in my dreams.:cool:

So apparently, per my DS, my car just got put on the train. It hasn't even left California yet :( 10 days in production, and now 8 days in transit, and it's still on the west coast. Harrumph.
Gives me some hope that ours will leave along with yours. Ours left production last Friday and heading to Chicago (Villa Park Facility). Would imagine same train head through Chicago on way to Cleveland.

This sucks. My DS just told me that he doesn't think the car's going to make it to Cleveland by this weekend. 10 days in production, and now 2 weeks+ in transit - probably over 3 weeks in transit by the time it gets to me. :( People are getting their cars 5-6 weeks after ordering, and I won't get mine for TEN.

Edit: The train is currently in a switching yard outside of Kansas City. It's getting closer...

Last edited:
This is why I ended up deciding to pick up my CPO rather than have it trucked down. They estimated it would take two weeks to get to me, it wouldn't load up that week, and then there are reports of delays in transport. In the end, I fly up in 22 hours and pick up the car at the two week point. Saving a few hundred on transport (CPOs are variable shipping cost based on distance) was icing on the cake of getting the car sooner. I hope your car heads over from Kansas City quickly brickfrenzy!