Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered S85 3/13/15 - Let's track this thing out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car just updated to 'In transit...' within the past hour. Wow! I JUST got off the phone with my DS regarding my trade and she said I should still expect delivery the week of 5/4, but I'm hoping this update grants me another week advancement!:love:

My car just updated to 'In transit...' within the past hour. Wow! I JUST got off the phone with my DS regarding my trade and she said I should still expect delivery the week of 5/4, but I'm hoping this update grants me another week advancement!:love:
I just got a call this morning from the DS. The car is in transit and will be delivered 4/28 around noon. I'm on cloud nine right now. Time for a margarita!!!

Here's a montage of screen saves I've made as my S85 has progressed. Nice to see it's on its way. My sales guy said this evening (nice he communicates on Sundays) it probably won't be here tomorrow but he's going to see if he can find where it is. If it's within a couple hours' drive I may just go hunt it down. :)

atime.jpg

Here's a montage of screen saves I've made as my S85 has progressed.

Man, my order is almost the same as yours - subtract out Smart Air and add in Premium Sound, and everything else (textile seats, red paint, everything) between your car and mine is identical. Yours was ordered a few days after mine and went into production at the same time. But mine's still stuck in production limbo :( Mine has to go on a train to Ohio, but yours is being trucked to Utah. I wonder if that's the difference? They're waiting for a full train-load of cars to head to the east coast before mine clears production?

I would imagine your car would come out of production and move to 'in transit' while it waits for a rail car. How many days has yours been in prod status?

9 days ago. It changed status on April 18th. My DS says it should take about 3 weeks from entering production to arriving in Ohio, but seeing other people's cars move out of production in just a couple of days is disheartening.

9 days ago. It changed status on April 18th. My DS says it should take about 3 weeks from entering production to arriving in Ohio, but seeing other people's cars move out of production in just a couple of days is disheartening.
I was told about 2 weeks, just in case something needs to be repainted, reprogrammed, etc. But mine still came out after 4 days. I'm crossing my fingers that yours is updated soon!

Man, my order is almost the same as yours - subtract out Smart Air and add in Premium Sound, and everything else (textile seats, red paint, everything) between your car and mine is identical. Yours was ordered a few days after mine and went into production at the same time. But mine's still stuck in production limbo :( Mine has to go on a train to Ohio, but yours is being trucked to Utah. I wonder if that's the difference? They're waiting for a full train-load of cars to head to the east coast before mine clears production?

FWIW, my DS just rang to say the car has not left the factory after all and that it may be a few more days. Ugh!

Ouch Patrick, sorry to hear that.

Meanwhile, Jimmy, are you still counting down the hours or have you switched to minutes yet?
I think at this time I have no concept of time. It's crawling along like I'm 3 levels deep in Inception. 2 days is like 10 seconds in real life! Haha. Hopefully a nice cocktail or two will finish out the night and I'll sleep like a baby.