Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 2 Tesla Powerwalls today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone (on Nextdoor) claimed they got 4 PWs for a net $10K from Tesla installed. They mentioned rebates, but I believe they meant Tax Credits. I've never heard of anything even close to that.
They must have some kind of SGIP on top of tax credit. I paid around $15K for 2 PWs with my solar roof a little over 2 years ago, I got 26% tax credit and surprisingly Tesla submitted SGIP for me for small scale residential (no medical equipment, not low income, not fire zone and no PSPS history), I got around $38K from PG&E, so my net cost is around $7K. So, $10K for 4 PWs is possible, if SGIP is granted. Heck, I think some people got that for free.

They must have some kind of SGIP on top of tax credit. I paid around $15K for 2 PWs with my solar roof a little over 2 years ago, I got 26% tax credit and surprisingly Tesla submitted SGIP for me for small scale residential (no medical equipment, not low income, not fire zone and no PSPS history), I got around $38K from PG&E, so my net cost is around $7K. So, $10K for 4 PWs is possible, if SGIP is granted. Heck, I think some people got that for free.
I thought if you got SGIP, you could not file for a tax credit, since you did not pay for it, or all of it, out of your pocket?

Is SGIP still aavailable especially with tesla? 4 years ago I went with non Tesla installer because SGIP for Tesla was gone at least for 1 and 2 PW installs. Essentially, I got 3 PWs for the price of 2 from Tesla.

Someone (on Nextdoor) claimed they got 4 PWs for a net $10K from Tesla installed. They mentioned rebates, but I believe they meant Tax Credits. I've never heard of anything even close to that.

People fabricate stuff all the time, especially when it comes to large ticket spend items like a roof, or a car (or solar, or a HVAC upgrade).

Following Occams razor, they are either straight up lying, or (more likely to me, actually) MENT "I got Tesla powerwalls" but SAID "I got powerwalls from Tesla".

Two completely different statements, and I can believe that someone got in line a long time ago for an SGIP and got partial or mostly paid for powerwalls, but not 4 of them, from Tesla itself, since they have not done large format SGIP for years and there is no other way someone could get that kind of price (unless the powerwalls "fell off a truck" somewhere).

People fabricate stuff all the time, especially when it comes to large ticket spend items like a roof, or a car (or solar, or a HVAC upgrade).

Following Occams razor, they are either straight up lying, or (more likely to me, actually) MENT "I got Tesla powerwalls" but SAID "I got powerwalls from Tesla".

Two completely different statements, and I can believe that someone got in line a long time ago for an SGIP and got partial or mostly paid for powerwalls, but not 4 of them, from Tesla itself, since they have not done large format SGIP for years and there is no other way someone could get that kind of price (unless the powerwalls "fell off a truck" somewhere).
most likely fabricated. His system has not been installed yet. Below is his quote. He meant Tesla was way under the other bids

"Tesla killed everyone, with rebates 4 batteries added $10k to the bill on a 16kw system"

I think you can claim tax credit as well as SGIP rebate, also, I did not get $38K from PG&E, I got $3,500 from PG&E.

There are two different forms of SGIP, a regular one and equity and resiliency. The regular one, people claim tax credit on. Equity and resiliency, they dont (because those are basically free, after rebate).