Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait a minute, it isn't yours:tongue: until I test drive it for you.:love:

Ha! No comment :tongue:

I told everyone that she had applied for a job at the SC, but nobody listened to me.:tongue: did she say anything about me?:love:

so she's your elevator girl!!! sorry dsmith..she only talked about StephenM :frown: I really like her..she definitely has that friendly Tesla personality!

Since the subject of this thread is Charging the order on a new version of the Model S, does it remind you of the old days when we knew nearly nothing and we had to compare notes to figure out what was happening? Remember them good old days, when we read every sentence on every form of media just to see the word Tesla or Model S used? It was difficult to understand what the Model S was going to have or what its features, - even its range back then. We shared every tidbit with each other.

Well, I've noticed that TMC is still refreshing and the folks that post are polite and always in a very good mood. But it seems that topics on TM's forum are more like questioning proven and mature features. Or people complaining the changes in option packages, supercharger locations and decisions that TM makes. There's a lot less "nice" stuff being discussed. Anyone else notice?

I guess what I am saying and why I am saying it here is; its nice to drop in here daily for a little fun, some light hearted chat and a little news. Thanks.

Since the subject of this thread is Charging the order on a new version of the Model S, does it remind you of the old days when we knew nearly nothing and we had to compare notes to figure out what was happening? Remember them good old days, when we read every sentence on every form of media just to see the word Tesla or Model S used? It was difficult to understand what the Model S was going to have or what its features, - even its range back then. We shared every tidbit with each other.

Well, I've noticed that TMC is still refreshing and the folks that post are polite and always in a very good mood. But it seems that topics on TM's forum are more like questioning proven and mature features. Or people complaining the changes in option packages, supercharger locations and decisions that TM makes. There's a lot less "nice" stuff being discussed. Anyone else notice?

I guess what I am saying and why I am saying it here is; its nice to drop in here daily for a little fun, some light hearted chat and a little news. Thanks.

And who could blame us? We're giddy on the 2+ years of drinking the Kool-Aid. There's BT and then there's AT (Before Tesla / After Tesla).

That at gives me an idea. We should have before and after photos taken of prospective Tesla customers. :biggrin:

And who could blame us? We're giddy on the 2+ years of drinking the Kool-Aid. There's BT and then there's AT (Before Tesla / After Tesla).

That at gives me an idea. We should have before and after photos taken of prospective Tesla customers. :biggrin:

Well yeah, we could/should do a BT and AT picture. But we all already know what the AT will look like - 2 foot wide grin.

Saw the first ocean blue Tesla in Hawaii at the SC today....MINE!!!!!!!!

View attachment 82513

Teslasign1200.jpg

Congratulations Nanimac! I wish I had a new 70D just like yours... oh never mind, I finally do! I grudgingly admit that you won the upgrade race by a day. Congratulations to us both, though, because these are awesome cars. Bigbill, Jesse returns the well wishes. I'll be back in Hawaii on Monday for two weeks or so, and then the mainland road trip begins. Can't wait!

View attachment 82624
Congratulations Nanimac! I wish I had a new 70D just like yours... oh never mind, I finally do! I grudgingly admit that you won the upgrade race by a day. Congratulations to us both, though, because these are awesome cars. Bigbill, Jesse returns the well wishes. I'll be back in Hawaii on Monday for two weeks or so, and then the mainland road trip begins. Can't wait!

CONGRATS!! Don't you love the new blue! BTW, Mugsy's wife works for me...she distracted Mugsy just enough to get my car here first!

View attachment 82624

Congrats to you both. Good race. One day difference thousands of miles apart. That's amazing.

I concur!!! Can't wait to see it in person :smile:
what, I didn't get to test drive either? :confused: Oh well, in that case I will open a bottle of wine and drown my sorrows, errrr celebrate your new cars.:biggrin:

Congratulations as well, Papafox. I'm the only one from our "graduating class" of June 2013 that didn't upgrade. For now the 40 is still everything I need for my daily commute, but I am enjoying your and Nanimacs upgrades vicariously.

Congratulations as well, Papafox. I'm the only one from our "graduating class" of June 2013 that didn't upgrade. For now the 40 is still everything I need for my daily commute, but I am enjoying your and Nanimacs upgrades vicariously.

RodF, you are our proof of concept guy. Are you still able to charge your 40 at the same range as two years ago? Its always been discussed that a 40 should preform different because of the extra unused battery than a regular 60 or 85 will charge. What can you tell us that has remained the same in two years on your 40?

Thanks, RodF. Your 40 is still the best value of a Model S in the islands. You get 95%+ of the kick from a Tesla for little more than half the price. I still haven't sold mine, it's such a fine car.

Akikiki, My 40kwh has not shown any degradation in mileage since new and I have more than 37,000 miles on it. Since we never charge above 68%, the 40's battery should last a long, long time.

Thanks, RodF. Your 40 is still the best value of a Model S in the islands. You get 95%+ of the kick from a Tesla for little more than half the price. I still haven't sold mine, it's such a fine car.

Akikiki, My 40kwh has not shown any degradation in mileage since new and I have more than 37,000 miles on it. Since we never charge above 68%, the 40's battery should last a long, long time.

Sorry ..."the fox", didn't mean to discount you out of the picture there. Keep forgetting you are a two Tesla family.

Agree. Zero degradation so far.

Look what I'm doing: Supercharging at Woodburn SC location, just south of Portland!

Woodburn.JPG

Any of you visitors from the mainland may think we're crazy to get amped up over a supercharger session, but most of us Hawaii Tesla owners have never experienced such a flow of rapid and free electricity into our cars.

On to California for tomorrow's Tesla Annual Meeting. The road trip doesn't begin until Iceman is here. Doing provisioning runs for a few days.