Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the SC today. the girls were so excided to have someone stop in they gave me a Tesla Drivers Group (TDG) ball cap that matched my grey shirt. then they insisted that I do a test drive in a 70.
I snuck up onto H1 so I could "Let it run" but ran into too much traffic westbound. turned around and tried to go eastbound, but again ran into traffic. A truck had overturned and a glance at the Center console told me the Red line ran all the way into town. after a quick stop back at the SC to pick up my car (they thought that it was best that way) and answer some Option questions I headed out into traffic using every trick to avoid the mess. by the time I reached pearl ridge the traffic was loosening up and I was able to get back on H1 at the Stadium.
Questions Answered?
I didn't see Dual chargers on the option list. they are still available as an accessory, but not as an option.
Dual Rear Seat only available with cold weather package. You can purchase the seats separate and install them yourself.
NO they will not do a straight up trade, my car for a brand new identically optioned car with AutoPilot. I think they should. Just because.
and we were all in agreement that PapaFox should sell his current car and get a brand new P85D on the mainland for his trip. Just sayin'

and one final note: they were really lonely out there today, stop by and visit with them and say Hi!

You pulled the trigger!!! Congrats! I hope the guy you paid off last time to get your car first doesn't work for Tesla still! :wink:

With a long mainland road trip ahead, I just couldn't see doing it in a car that lacks autopilot. Hopefully, the autopilot activation software will be available no later than mid-summer. Akikiki convinced me that adding 60kwh battery size, supercharging, and then paying shipping wasn't such a good option with the 70Ds now available. I'm actually thinking of being a 2 Tesla owner during the mainland trip. I then have all sorts of options available to me at the conclusion of the trip.

Nanimac- Mugsy and his gang have raised their prices for delaying the shipment of cars to Hawaii! I think I will likely have to depend upon my mainland delivery location making up for the two-week ordering advantage that you have. Please keep us in the loop as your car moves through the production process because I'm not far behind you. Thx!