Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open letter to Elon

Will I a get a response from Elon?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Please support me in my quest to contact Elon and further the Tesla brand.

My e-mail:

Elon,

I am a 34 year old small business entrepreneur. I have been fortunate to have grown our battery company 30 times over the past 8 years. I have achieved this growth via the implementation of technology, innovation and pure homegrown entrepreneurship. In my quest to have national coverage in sealed-lead-acid market I have kept up with Tesla and its success. I am a proud owner of a few model S and just 2 weeks ago of a model X.

I have identified a market opportunity that only an unorthodox entrepreneur like myself could capture utilizing the Tesla technology, brand and product. I have been in contact with various gentlemen from your group but I do not seem to see the traction needed and speed of response for my idea to rapidly reach your support.

I have requested for about 10 days now that I am provided with the logistics and necessary meetings on purchasing 100 Tesla model S and model X in my quest to further the brand and its services. My revolutionary idea will support and further the Tesla brand in the USA and my initial investment in 100 excellent machines could only be the beginning of my final dive into a superior chemistry battery.

I would be delighted for you to point me in the right direction or perhaps even meet in person.

Best Regards

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.

First, if you need 100 Model S/X's you can just order them from their website. You likely wouldn't get a volume discount anyway, so it's the easiest way to go.

Second, emailing Elon Musk with a "revolutionary idea" but not telling him the idea is a sure way to get ignored. Just saying.

Third, if you want your "revolutionary idea" to get traction, you might want to start by sharing it. Post your idea here or send your idea in full to Tesla. Otherwise, I'm not sure if anybody is going to take you seriously.

Best of luck.

I was already offered a bulk discount. In some cases in the range of 30k off MSRP of model S, 2016 with 2k miles used as a demo vehicles. Billion dollar ideas are not shared publicly unless you are willing to pay. Maybe you have experience in business and I will take your feedback opinion and suggestion in mind. Any support in furthering my idea and goal is help. Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteMS85 and deonb
Sorry, but I find this to be a publicity stunt. If a serious buyer of at least $6,000,000 worth of vehicles were to truly reach out to an auto manufacturer, there would be no difficulty finding the correct executive.

Secondly, to place such a request on Twitter and other Public Forums, again makes no sense other than to publicize the company of the requestor.

So, I find this to be humorous and extremely unlikely to be serious.

I was already offered a bulk discount. In some cases in the range of 30k off MSRP of model S, 2016 with 2k miles used as a demo vehicles. Billion dollar ideas are not shared publicly unless you are willing to pay. Maybe you have experience in business and I will take your feedback opinion and suggestion in mind. Any support in furthering my idea and goal is help. Thanks!
if your ideas aren't to be shared why would you have created this thread?

Sorry, but I find this to be a publicity stunt. If a serious buyer of at least $6,000,000 worth of vehicles were to truly reach out to an auto manufacturer, there would be no difficulty finding the correct executive.

Secondly, to place such a request on Twitter and other Public Forums, again makes no sense other than to publicize the company of the requestor.

So, I find this to be humorous and extremely unlikely to be serious.

I have been in contact for 10 days with Tesla out of NJ. I have no value in promoting my brand nor my name. I am sure that my 10million commitment (not 6mil) will eventually get traction and to the right people but if we truly live in the digital age where entrepreneurs can reach out to anyone in the public space. I am looking for a rapid reaction and not just a sales cycle reaction of an average buyer. I will here by attach an example of 3
Tesla #3.png
Tesla #2.png
Tesla #1.png
of the 100 Teslas offered to me in a package deal.

Last edited:
I understand your reluctance to share any information on this public site regarding your "billion dollar" idea, but why do you think Elon would be more responsive to this "open letter" (which lacks any information regarding the idea) versus your previous private missives to him, which hopefully should have contained some information on your idea in order for him to act on your proposal instead of tossing it in the bin? In other words, what is there in this cryptic posting to a forum not associated with him or his company that would suddenly make him sit up and listen to you? I'm not questioning the validity of idea (whatever that may be), just the effectiveness of your tactic to gain his attention.

If your proposal has something to do with battery technology (assumption based on your company's name), keep in mind Elon's request that people send him a working/testable sample cell and not a PowerPoint presentation. Anything less and you won't even make it past the mailroom.

Last edited:
if your ideas aren't to be shared why would you have created this thread?
It will be shared once I get Elon's attention. It would be better for him to announce than me.
the question remains the same, why post this on an open forum, business transactions in your lofty league are usually done confidentially. have fun, good luck, enjoy your 15 minutes

Since your company is a battery company and you make reference to a "superior battery chemistry" my guess is that you have a "better battery".
Elon has stated in the past that he gets frequent inquiries from people with a "better battery" and that he tells them to send a sample for testing. Most people don't because all they have is an idea, not a battery.
If you have a better battery, send it to him for testing. If it's really better, it will get his attention.

I understand your reluctance to share any information on this public site regarding your "billion dollar" idea, but why do you think Elon would be more responsive to this "open letter" (which lacks any information regarding the idea) versus your previous private missives to him, which hopefully should have contained some information on your idea in order for him to act on your proposal instead of tossing it in the bin? In other words, what is there in this cryptic posting to a forum not associated with him or his company that would suddenly make him sit up and listen to you? I'm not questioning the validity of idea (whatever that may be), just the effectiveness of your tactic to gain his attention.

If your proposal has something to do with battery technology (assumption based on your company's name), keep in mind Elon's request that people send a working/testable sample cell and not a PowerPoint presentation.

I have shared my background only to show my interest in batteries. I am solemnly interested in purchasing the cars and providing public service with them. I really don't understand the negative feedback in my attempt to publicly contact a person we all admire.

Please provide constructive criticism or questions and I will respond.

Since there is the need for me to clarify further why I would need to purchase 100 Teslas, at this point I am willing to share that each one of these vehicles will benefit a Tesla owner. Tesla's service has been underperforming at their service centers. Tesla makes an exceptional product but there are big difference between a service organization and a manufacturer. Tesla merged the two very successfully but it is now struggling. Getting a loaner vehicle is close to impossible in Rockville, MD unless you are willing to wait 2 week.

If you have already been persistent enough to gain enough attention and credibility to obtain a 30% discount on 100 vehicles, I do not think it would be difficult to connect with the right executives. If you and your company are credible, I'm sure you are on their radar. Have you requested signing a mutual NDA? Often times companies are reluctant, especially if there is no apparent synergy.

Lead acid technology does not appear to be something Tesla or any other electric vehicle company would be interested in.

If you have already been persistent enough to gain enough attention and credibility to obtain a 30% discount on 100 vehicles, I do not think it would be difficult to connect with the right executives. If you and your company are credible, I'm sure you are on their radar. Have you requested signing a mutual NDA? Often times companies are reluctant, especially if there is no apparent synergy.

Lead acid technology does not appear to be something Tesla or any other electric vehicle company would be interested in.

My experience in SLA batteries is not relative to this quest of attention. My ability to grow 30 fold in 8 year most defiantly is. It just so happens that I am in the business of batteries. Yes, an old, not very efficient, cheap and crappy chemistry compared to Lithium iron phosphate. I was able to grow 30 fold in a market that grows by at best 2-3%. This should be a signal that I captured market share in a big way from slow, old mentality corporate giants like Enersys.

If your proposal has something to do with battery technology (assumption based on your company's name), keep in mind Elon's request that people send him a working/testable sample cell and not a PowerPoint presentation. Anything less and you won't even make it past the mailroom.

You are right and I am not interested to present any new battery technology but just be a good customer with a public service goal to the Tesla community.