Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK so that's 2 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a relatively low-reservation number for a Model-S and within minutes of the Model-X reservations going live, I got a 2nd reservation (#008 in Canada). When my Model-S reservation came up, I decided to get a refund, since the Model-X was only 6 months away and I preferred the extra space and AWD. Less than a week after getting my refund cheque from Tesla, they announced the first delay of the Model-X. The Model-X is going to be close to 2 years delayed (the first deliveries were originally set for late 2013).

I only hope that my current vehicle lasts that long...

Much Kudos to those who were able to wait so long!. I told myself I'd wait for the X as well in April '14 (res#88xx), then broke down one month later and ordered the S! LOL! Waiting just to get the S was hard!

Much Kudos to those who were able to wait so long!. I told myself I'd wait for the X as well in April '14 (res#88xx), then broke down one month later and ordered the S! LOL! Waiting just to get the S was hard!

Well, to be fair, I've been driving a Roadster every day. :)

- - - Updated - - -

How do I find my exact date? I know it was February 2012 sometime. I upgraded to the signature reservation at some point. It would be fun to know the exact dates. I've lost tract, it's been so long.

Did you receive a confirmation email?

I reserved on February 13th which was the first day... In the first 30min... I'm XP268 ... But don't worry I may postpone until around Thanksgiving.

Technically I think I have a lot of you beat.

I originally reserved Model S2138 on June 10th of 2010. But then I saw the Model X & being 6'7" I gave Tesla a second reservation for the X before getting a refund for the S. In total my Tesla wait has been over 5 years. Currently 1804 days. In the mean time I'm stuck in a Leaf with over 40k miles on it. :-(

But, working towards buying a Tesla has been one of the best things I done in my life. Because of that goal, I've found ways to more than double my salary in 5 years, work towards A+ credit from bad credit and it taught me to save, save, save. I even bought a cheap house at the bottom on the real-estate market to offset the monthly payment on a Tesla a few years ago. Now it's gone up so much in value that were selling it & building a new house for the Model X to come home to.

The event was February 9th, 2012. Not the 13th. Tesla took reservations at the event from people attending (if you remembered your checkbook ... -ahem- AO). Online reservations opened up during the day on February 10th.

Bonnie,

#NotSplittingHairsBut #UsingMillennialSlang

If I remember I had some issues with my reservation, so the official date of my reservation listed with Tesla Motors is Feb 13th. But I completed the online form for within the first 30 min on the first day the Gen Pop was allowed to reserve, (I'm not a Roadster owning baller that got invited to the event :)). Then I had to yell at Tesla to get a concrete early reservation number (Really a Sequence Number) because I had to wire money not use use a Credit card, not a point in time I like to revisit.

I actual remember the online form became available 10 min early. I believe the official availability time was at 12 noon PT or 3pm ET. :cool:

Bonnie,

#NotSplittingHairsBut #UsingMillennialSlang

If I remember I had some issues with my reservation, so the official date of my reservation listed with Tesla Motors is Feb 13th. But I completed the online form for within the first 30 min on the first day the Gen Pop was allowed to reserve, (I'm not a Roadster owning baller that got invited to the event :)). Then I had to yell at Tesla to get a concrete early reservation number (Really a Sequence Number) because I had to wire money not use use a Credit card, not a point in time I like to revisit.

I actual remember the online form became available 10 min early. I believe the official availability time was at 12 noon PT or 3pm ET. :cool:

Since it was implied that Feb. 13th was the first day available, I only wanted to correct that small fact. I had/have no doubt you were in the first wave of online reservations. And yep, was at noon on that Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I still had an AMEX on hand! Still a lil bitter you ditched me to go line-squat.

Amateur. They don't take cards for large transactions. And I'm still a lil bitter that you didn't come keep me company. :)

OMG, it just dawned on me. My reservation number may come up (if I'm lucky) by December 2015, maybe Jan/Feb 2016 as a worse-case scenario. If the worse-case scenario occurs, it will be 4 years since I put down my deposit! Talk about forward planning...

AnOutsider, I did that calculation a few weeks ago. Very depressing. I should have taken my Model-S deposit refund and bought TSLA stock with it. Kicking myself...

Haha, for me it's worse because I almost took my sig deposit out to do the same. I even remember emailing with someone at Tesla (staying unnamed) to ask if the X was still on track or if it was delayed so that I could figure out if I'm better off taking it out... Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.