Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer roll call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This all has me thinking that Tesla must have a few Roadsters that they are just driving the bajeezus out of, to test real-world battery/drivetrain durability. Would be nice if they published their data. I'd think they should be able to have over 200k miles at this point.

I'd love to see a real-world (not estimated) plot of battery capacity (ideal miles) vs. miles driven that goes out beyond 150k-200k mi.

This all has me thinking that Tesla must have a few Roadsters that they are just driving the bajeezus out of, to test real-world battery/drivetrain durability. Would be nice if they published their data. I'd think they should be able to have over 200k miles at this point.

I'd love to see a real-world (not estimated) plot of battery capacity (ideal miles) vs. miles driven that goes out beyond 150k-200k mi.

I also wish data like this would be published. I think Tesla keeps throwing numbers out for worst case scenario

I also wish data like this would be published. I think Tesla keeps throwing numbers out for worst case scenario

I think they have to do this though... if they started saying things like the battery only looses 10% of its capacity over 7 years and somebody gets a car that loses 25%, it opens them up to all sorts of people suing them, etc. to get new batteries or worse. One does get kind of a feel from reading various posts on this forum about range that at least so far the batteries are performing better as they age than Tesla originally stated. Much, much better to have it this way than the opposite!

@dwegmull: I've NEVER got 189-190 miles. Did I get a bad ESS? Best has been 185 achieved twice in a year. On the other hand there is also a known problem with my car where it almost never shows green on the charge port after charging, and it always stops 3-5% below the battery bar being full. How close to full does the battery bar show on yours when you achieve 189-190?

I finally remembered to snap a picture of my display before leaving the house this morning.

255594086.jpg

After the last firmware update my full charge ideal miles went into rapid decline. I hope it levels off soon! At 23 months and 24000 miles, standard mode charge shows 165 miles and range mode shows 211 miles.

So that's about 185 miles, 3.5% less than my car is indicating... could it be your relatively cold weather that brings it down? Seems like 192 is closer to what one would expect based on the EPA estimate for the car.

No, it was about the same last summer. The same week the car was delivered, temperature here hit 97F. As I recall, I had the occasional 301 km display.

Are any of you keeping logs of ideal miles vs. Time of ownership and total mileage?

Would be useful to plot out some charts so we can see the behavior of the battery over its life cycle. I wonder if many of you are seeing the result of the fairly quick initial range falloff curve, and are starting to get into the more "level" region of the curve.

If you have this info, please post updates periodically!