Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not charged for a supercharger visit, but no reason listed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

My Tesla was delivered on 4/22/2023 when there were no special incentives for free supercharging and my “loot” box (or whatever it is called) has never had more than zero credits in it. I have no referrals or other reasons why I was not charged for my supercharger visit, but for some reason, I was not charged. I received a notice right after supercharging that I did not have an active form of payment, but I have two active credit cards in my Tesla app “wallet”, and I have not had another complaint about active form of payments.

This was my first supercharger visit ever, and I do not expect to use them much, but I am still curious why the charging Is showing up as zero cost on TeslaFi.com and no charge has hit either of the credit cards in my Tesla app wallet.

Thoughts?

Joe

Enjoy it if its free, but i would definitely go in again when you dont really need it to make sure it does work.
You never know where you're going to be and may need a supercharge to get you home.
Dont want that moment to be memorable for the wrong reason :)

Reactions: drdumont
I've had a couple of free sessions. One was pretty brief - only a couple hours after I picked up the car from the service center. I was only there a few minutes.

The second one was at a pretty new station in Salem, VA. I think it had only been open a few weeks, maybe even less. I never saw the charge for that one either.

I use TeslaFi and have noticed I have several invoices not found beginning 4/22 to 8/23. Have not thought much of it, but I dug into a recent one that shows in TeslaFi for 8/2/23 and I know I did charge there. I checked my Tesla invoices on the app and do not find the invoice. I then started comparing charges in TeslaFi that were missing invoices to Tesla app and my Chase card and it appears Tesla never charged me for these charges. I do not think these are charges that Tesla will eventually come back and charge me. Have not checked them all but I know one from 7/22/23 was never charged to my card and they would have billed me by now.

As a consumer cool, guess I got some free charging session, but as a Tesla investor not cool. If happening to me how many other customers are not being invoiced?
Supercharger invoices not found.jpg

I've charged on several brandy-new Superchargers right after they opened. On a couple of them I never was charged. Likely due to the "newness" of the system.
I've had a couple of no charge instances on the road. Never seen "late charges" come in. I figure it was just my all around charm and good looks.
OTOH, I have never been overcharged or spuriously billed for charging. Thus I have no issues with the system.
I've tried EV-Go and Electrify America a couple of times just to finger out the system should I ever need Extreme Unction. I've YET to get any of them to
work - either DOA, or the system just doesn't work. Although I presumably still have accounts with them, I just said the Hell with it and rely on Tesla and the occasional destination charger. I carry a set of adapters, a 50' extension cable, and frankly just don't worry about it.
The only billing issue I've had with Tesla was an occasion when I got over 200 attempts to charge me $15K for adding FSD, all occurring within 30 minutes. BofA did not charge me for the failed transactions, I forwarded printouts of the transactions to Tesla, who (although the numbers matched up with their accounts), they claim they had no record of the attempts on their end. I limit the debit amounts on my card for this very reason.
The real irony is that I would not have FSD as a gift.

Last edited:
All,

My Tesla was delivered on 4/22/2023 when there were no special incentives for free supercharging and my “loot” box (or whatever it is called) has never had more than zero credits in it. I have no referrals or other reasons why I was not charged for my supercharger visit, but for some reason, I was not charged. I received a notice right after supercharging that I did not have an active form of payment, but I have two active credit cards in my Tesla app “wallet”, and I have not had another complaint about active form of payments.

This was my first supercharger visit ever, and I do not expect to use them much, but I am still curious why the charging Is showing up as zero cost on TeslaFi.com and no charge has hit either of the credit cards in my Tesla app wallet.

Thoughts?

Joe

Don't worry. The monitor this forum and saw your message. The charge should show up shortly ;)