Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unidentified Charges on Credit Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently received an unknown charge on my credit card I use on my Tesla account. On my credit card it says:
TESLA, INC. PALO ALTO CA $10.86

I have no idea what this is for and don't know how / who to ask. Supercharger costs always say Supercharger and my connectivity charges says something like that. And my connectivity payment isn't until December.

How do I find out what this is or who can I ask?

My credit card company says the only thing I can do is dispute the charge and they won't pay it.

Thanks,
Bob

I recently received an unknown charge on my credit card I use on my Tesla account. On my credit card it says:
TESLA, INC. PALO ALTO CA $10.86

I have no idea what this is for and don't know how / who to ask. Supercharger costs always say Supercharger and my connectivity charges says something like that. And my connectivity payment isn't until December.

How do I find out what this is or who can I ask?

My credit card company says the only thing I can do is dispute the charge and they won't pay it.

Thanks,
Bob
Can you look at your Tesla app(s) and see if you visited a Tesla charger that day?

Upvote 0
That could be the Tesla Internet monthly charge. Your account records on Tesla.com will show the charge origination.
That was my thought. Premium Connectivity is $9.99 plus sales taxes.

@BobCat, have you had your car long enough that you have to pay for Premium Connectivity?

OP is in Vancouver Washington.

Avalara said:
The minimum combined 2023 sales tax rate for Vancouver, Washington is 8.7%

$9.99 x 1.087 = $10.86 (2dp)

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
Thank you everyone. You're right it is my connectivity with tax. I've had the car for 3 years and thought I paid each year and, after the 1st year, I thought the expense showed it was for "connectivity" or something like that. My credit card jfor the $10.86 charge ust shows "TESLA, INC. PALO ALTO CA." I still have a lot to learn about using a phone/computer instead of talking to a human being.
Bob

Reactions: MP3Mike
Upvote 0