Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob question - how do you guys know your tire pressure??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get out and measure? Sooo...last millennium. FOBO tire pressure monitors, set any alert pressure you like, and it sends pressures to your smart phone..lots of us use them...there was even a quantity buy a while ago...
FOBO Tire Plus - FOBO

With the downside that the big knob that sits on the end of the valve stem is easily knocked off resulting in an instant flat. Also there's no reason to believe that Fobo is any more accurate than the TPMS in the car (once the individual pressures are actually displayed in some future release). Checking with a high quality pressure gauge is not last century, it's just common sense.

Likely a noob car question - So I posted about a flat tire exactly a week ago. I got the tire patched and this evening I got a 'low tire pressure' warning. I suspect it was the patch guy not having done his job well. I want to see what my tire pressure currently is but I'm not sure how. I looked around here and people here just seem to know always their tire pressure value! How do you guys do it?

I check my tire pressures before I leave. Every day. I also walk around the vehicle to look it over. Every day. I do basic checks like this all the time.

With the downside that the big knob that sits on the end of the valve stem is easily knocked off resulting in an instant flat.

Nope. Have you ever used a FOBO kit or sensor? First of all, the "big knob" is only 10 grams and is securely screwed onto the stock valve stem, and as far as I know, nobody has reported them being "easily" knocked off.. or for that matter, knocked off at all! They really aren't "easily knocked off".

And even in the extremely rare case they are "knocked off," the original valve stem is still in place, so no "instant flat" either. And if you're really that concerned, the FOBO kits include counter threaded "security nuts" that offer an added level of protection (this is provided for theft protection, not "knock off" protection -- see: FOBO Tire - Install Lock Nut - YouTube). It would take quite a massive force to "knock off" the sensor AND yank out the stock valve stem out of the rim before there would be an "instant flat", and in that case, an "instant flat" is likely the least of your problems at that moment. ;)

Last edited: