Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS dilemna

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2021 Y. I purchased winters from Kaltire 2 years ago, purchased TPMS from Tesla (Bluetooth version), Kaltire installed it. All good so far.

A few days ago I got alert that left back tire has low pressure. I checked, pressure was not low. Called Kaltire, they say TPMS sensor must be faulty. Called Tesla, they would not even look at it because I got them installed somewhere else. So I forced a TPMS Reset ( by changing the wheels from the menu and changing back). After reset is done now TPMS shows right front is low now, left back is OK. Very confused now, I measure, to my surprise, TPMS is right this time, pressure is low.

What do you guys make of this? How come before reset it was showing wrong tire has low pressure? Are the sensors OK, software bug?
Input very much appreciated

I forced a TPMS Reset ( by changing the wheels from the menu and changing back).

Thanks for posting that solution. When my wheel positions did not reset after a rotation — which they're supposed to do after a 10 minutes of driving over 15 MPH — a Tesla service guy told me there's nothing I can do and that they would have to use a relearning tool, which they did. Next time I'll try your hack.

Thx for responses. Error went away, still don't know whether there is a very slow leak, so far pressure only went down 1 PSI (in close to 24 hours) which could be measuring error. No idea why pressure was so low (about 15PSI), I would have assumed TPMS would have kicked in earlier in a slow leak. Unless somebody let the air out maliciously