Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS BLE Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently swapped wheels from a 2020 MY to my 2021 MY and even though I'm pretty sure they are the same BLE sensors, the car doesn't recognize them. I'm assuming it's because they were previously "registered" to a diff ecu. Of course no tire shops around me have a tool to diagnose BLE sensors. So now I'm stuck with taking it to Tesla ($215/hr diagnostic) or buying new sensors off ebay and hoping that they work after paying a tire shop to install them.

This is kind of ridiculous. I've spent a week trying to figure out how these things work, and I'm no closer to a solution. I see I can subscribe to tesla toolbox for $165/day which I assume would let me reset/assign the TPMS because this is what Tesla uses?? If anyone can confirm or have another solution that would be great.

Also I've used the Tireless app, and successfully found the tpms on my old wheels, but cannot find anything on the new ones. I guess it's possible that I have 4 dead batteries? I thought they are supposed to last more than 3 years.

This may be a silly question, but I am going to ask it anyway because you stated these are used wheels.

How are you verifying that the TPMS in those wheels are actually Bluetooth ones? I mean, the CAR came with bluetooth sensors, but that does not mean the person you bought them from didnt swap them out for some other sensors and use the bluetooth ones somewhere else.

It's a valid question. I've considered that as well, and had a tire shop put their tool on it to look for RF signal but they couldn't find anything.

Perhaps you could contact one of the TMC vendors that sells these TPMS like @MODEL+ to see if they can help you identify them. I am tagging them here as I know @MODEL+ is particularly customer friendly, so might be able to give you some information if you contact them and perhaps work with you on getting new ones if you decide to go that route.

A week of your time has to be worth more than what these sensors cost, or at least I would think so (lol), but I also get "im in too deep troubleshooting this now, I want to fix this @!#$!$@ ...." 🤣

Reactions: g_MY and MODEL+