Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys! Nice to have some pictures.

BTW, since this is the LEAF topic, here is LEAF under-hood with aux battery on the right:
Nissan-LEAF-Hood-Up.jpg

markperryvidimg.png
1.gif

Click to open

I have to wonder if some of these people actually understand the technology they are selling. When asked about the brake components coming from the parts bin he says "brakes, not from the parts bin since it uses regenerative braking". Regen has nothing to do with the actual brakes, which are still conventional and quite visible through the wheel, and probably did come from the parts bin.

Front pads fit several different Nissan models, including 02-11 Altima, 04-11 Maxima, Murano, Juke and several different Infiniti models as well. Rear pads fit a narrower range of Nissan/Infiniti models, mostly 11-12; Altima, Maxima, Juke and others as before. FMSI #for the rears is D1393, the fronts are harder to pin downn, but both available from your local NAPA store. We carry the radiator hoses also!:wink:

Edit: The front rotors are in fact unique to the Leaf, however the rears also fit 370Z/Inifiniti G35.

Last edited:
Great Video. Limos are a perfect application for EVs. Absolutely perfect. Smooth, quiet, and plenty of recharging opportunities. The Leaf is a great platform to stretch, and it looks a lot better to me than the production version.

Can't wait to see the first Model S limo!

GSP

Wouldn't you like 63A capability to make use of high power J1772 chargers where they exist? It would stop charge bay hogging too.

It will definitely make sense in European markets where I expect a big expansion of 43kW AC once Renault's cars with this are out. They could dump CHAdeMO here at that point.

Wouldn't you like 63A capability to make use of high power J1772 chargers where they exist? It would stop charge bay hogging too.

It will definitely make sense in European markets where I expect a big expansion of 43kW AC once Renault's cars with this are out. They could dump CHAdeMO here at that point.
CHAdeMO still has 6kW more, that's not nothing.

But with the Leaf I can't get rid of the feeling that it was never intented for sale in Europe, but they did so since Renault wasn't ready yet.

I expect the ZOE to outperform the Leaf in the EU very soon. Same goes with the Fluence when it has the upgraded charger.

CHAdeMO still has 6kW more, that's not nothing.

Depends on the charger. The Yazaki-connector supports 125A, for a Tesla S with a anticipated ~450V battery that would be 56kW if the charger supports it. Many support up to 62.5kW. And the standard supports up to 200A, thus making a 100kW CHAdeMO charger possible (but not with the current Yazaki connector). This is Tesla supercharger territory, and twice the power of Renaults 43kW unit.

But todays 100 mile EVs have batteries that can't take much more than 43kW anyway, a Leaf would probably not benefit at all from a 200A capable CHAdeMO charger.

Great idea for the cars... pretty offensive article otherwise. For short trips an electric limosine makes economic sense on its own merits, never mind issues like pollution or importing oil.

The Tennessean has a much better article pointing out the Nissan USA HQ is right down the street. Much of the Auto and EV press about this Limo is sourced for the Tennessean!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...rings-Embassy-Suites-unveils-Nissan-Leaf-limo
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...lin-Embassy-Suites-unveils-Nissan-Leaf-limo
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...7120070/Nissan-neighbor-unveil-Leaf-limousine

You can go farther than you think in a Nissan LEAF

Looks like Leaf sales may indeed be more disappointing than Nissan has hoped. I was cruising my spam folder this morning and found an ad from my local Nissan dealer with the subject line, "You can go farther than you think in a Nissan LEAF" and the headline inside of the email was, "GET TEN FREE RENTALS WITH YOUR NISSAN LEAF." They are offering rentals of ICE cars to provide the range you lose with the ~100mi capacity of the Leaf.

While I'm a big fan of Tesla, I am also rooting for Nissan to be successful with the Leaf. Unfortunately, the Leaf doesn't meet my needs from a interior size standpoint primarily and a range standpoint secondarily. I actually had a reservation for one when they were announced, but after a test drive decided to cancel the reservation because it was just way too small inside. My current ICE is a 2008 Prius, which holds a metric buttload of stuff and people, especially when compared to the Leaf and the other production EVs on the market or announced.

The Model S, of course, will be the champ of storage of both people and stuff. Can't wait.

Anyone seeing similar ads from Nissan dealers? Ford?

The free rental idea is great - as a LEAF owner, I haven't heard of it though. I wonder if it will be available for all LEAF owners? When I had my LEAF in for it's annual service, I got a loaner/rental car from my dealer - it's basically a small onsite Hertz. The process was as quick and easy as I could imagine - never had a rental go that smoothly. Only thing easier would be to have the car picked up/dropped off at home.

but after a test drive decided to cancel the reservation because it was just way too small inside. My current ICE is a 2008 Prius, which holds a metric buttload of stuff and people, especially when compared to the Leaf
I also own a '08 Prius and find the comparison to the LEAF baffling. If anything, I find the LEAF has slightly better cabin room and very similar trunk/hatch room to the '08 Prius. The flat floor of the Prius makes it a bit easier to use, but in terms of cramming stuff into the hatch, I find the total room between the 2 basically identical. If Nissan could get rid of the hump behind the rear seats where the onboard charger currently sits, the LEAF would win in rear trunk/hatch room. Hopefully they can do that with the '13 LEAF as it would improve usability of the LEAF a good deal and it appears there should be enough room under the trunk with a decent repackaging effort.