Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice Bike Rack for the X....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The deep trunk, combined with a picnic blanket, makes for a great way to store helmet, shoes, backpack, change of clothes, etc., and to put your dirty clothes and shoes afterwards--all while keeping the inside of the car clean. Simply lift out the blanket with all the dirty stuff when you get home!

Tesla beach towel to the rescue in case you want to change at the trail head and there are people around ;)

View attachment 171735

View attachment 171736
I love the towel!! Where did you get it?

Anyone know what bike rack this is...

2d7d822bf81ed7a48f9ad43207f5654f

Picking up MX P90D for my wife soon. Just wondering if the hitch receiver comes with the $200 accessory hitch package or I need to buy one separately?
The accessory package is the same as the tow package (at least visually on the outside, it might be anchored differently internally). Therefore, you will have a hitch receiver, but will need to supply your own hitch.

I got a Thule T2 Pro for our X. I've only used it once, and since the X is at the SC, I'll have to wait to post pics. So far, so good, though. I wanted a tray style with the ability to do a 2+2 as well as something that was reasonable in weight when only in the 2-bike configuration. This is 40 lbs, and Wohmman can lift and mount it herself, so I think we're good to go.

The accessory package is the same as the tow package (at least visually on the outside, it might be anchored differently internally). Therefore, you will have a hitch receiver, but will need to supply your own hitch.

My apologies but I may not know the correct terminology. So when you order the accessory package, the hitch receiver is the part that is included and it is the part that is attached to the car and is hidden under the removal plastic cover. When I by Yakima ridgeback bike rack, do I need to purchase anything else to attach it to the car or I just insert it into the tesla installed hitch receiver? The reason I am asking as I typically see the hitch sticking out of the back of the cars when u get Invisihitch.
Thank you for your response.

Yes, the Hitch Receiver is the black "Bosal" unit that goes up into the hidden slot behind the plastic cover. If you want to attach a bike rack, you don't need anything further.

And one point Tesla was planning to have their own accessory hitch receiver, but my guess is that it's not ready and they've been shipping the same bosal hitch receiver that comes with the towing package. Maybe one day in the future they will begin to ship their own.

• Informative
Reactions: ellisina4
We got the Thule Apex Swing for our X and it is perfect. The trunk clears it when locked in place and you can swing the bikes out to back in for supercharging. Here it is in action.

View attachment 191563 View attachment 191564

@cmt489 You mentioned "The trunk clears it when locked in place". Do you mean you can open the trunk when the rack is not swung out to the side? Or, do you need to swing it out to the side in order to open the trunk? My biggest worry is damaging the trunk hatch by opening it with the 17" and it hitting the bike or rack. Thanks for clarifying!

I have skimmed several other threads and don't see anyone else specifically mention this concern, which seems odd. I just know I will be in a rush or my muscle memory will hit the truck open button on the 17" before I remember to move the rack out of the way, and bang!

@cmt489 You mentioned "The trunk clears it when locked in place". Do you mean you can open the trunk when the rack is not swung out to the side? Or, do you need to swing it out to the side in order to open the trunk? My biggest worry is damaging the trunk hatch by opening it with the 17" and it hitting the bike or rack. Thanks for clarifying!

I have skimmed several other threads and don't see anyone else specifically mention this concern, which seems odd. I just know I will be in a rush or my muscle memory will hit the truck open button on the 17" before I remember to move the rack out of the way, and bang!

It clears when the rack is not swung out. We only use the swing for backing into SCs.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy