Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New: ticket-avoidance-mode for Model S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was laughing along with the joke until the last line: "Long forgotten will be the days of parking tickets; or, as we like to call them, receipts for premium parking."

That just seems overbearingly smug and elitist, ending what should be a playful romp on a sour note. Or am I just being too sensitive?

I found the entire video funny, even the premium parking bit.
Those spots are not premium because of Tesla, they're premium because you will be paying a higher price for it than you would a regular metered parking space.

I was laughing along with the joke until the last line: "Long forgotten will be the days of parking tickets; or, as we like to call them, receipts for premium parking."

That just seems overbearingly smug and elitist, ending what should be a playful romp on a sour note. Or am I just being too sensitive?
Yup, too sensitive. I thought that was the funniest part of the clip.

You're definitely being too sensitive.:)

Last edited:
The cop is totally frustrated, unfortunately, they will just mail you the ticket, once they have your plate number.
Of course it's just an April Fools prank anyway :)

Great video :biggrin:

I am curious, do police officers leave parking tickets on illegally parked cars?

We have special workforce not attached to police for these tasks. Parking officers work for local councils. Local councils collect parking fine revenue and carefully manage its growth from year to year.

Parking.JPG

Yup, too sensitive. I thought that was the funniest part of the clip.

You're definitely being too sensitive.:)

I was not quite as bothered by the ending as Stevezzzz was, but I definitely understand the point he is making, and agree with it to some extent. That last joke changes the tone of the whole comedic piece some. Up until then it's just a funny "us against them" kind of thing. You're rooting for the underdog Tesla and Tesla owner, against the big, bad "system" doling out parking tickets. You're amused at the extremely funny usage of high-tech. The entire piece is consistent with this, right up until that final joke, which does, as stevezzzz points out, change things. The underdog, nice-guy Tesla owner suddenly becomes less likable. Of course we're not talking massive effort screen-writing here, but even so, that line was unnecessary, and I agree with stevezzzz that it definitely did more harm than good. Still a very funny piece, but a little less so because of that line. That's my opinion, anyway.

I was not quite as bothered by the ending as Stevezzzz was, but I definitely understand the point he is making, and agree with it to some extent. That last joke changes the tone of the whole comedic piece some. Up until then it's just a funny "us against them" kind of thing. You're rooting for the underdog Tesla and Tesla owner, against the big, bad "system" doling out parking tickets. You're amused at the extremely funny usage of high-tech. The entire piece is consistent with this, right up until that final joke, which does, as stevezzzz points out, change things. The underdog, nice-guy Tesla owner suddenly becomes less likable. Of course we're not talking massive effort screen-writing here, but even so, that line was unnecessary, and I agree with stevezzzz that it definitely did more harm than good. Still a very funny piece, but a little less so because of that line. That's my opinion, anyway.

I had the same reaction. The video would be better without the last line.

I was totally surprised to get my first moving violation in decades on my first road trip out of state. The law they say I violated is supposed to be a law in California too, since 2007. After I got the ticket I noticed that everyone in Wyoming is doing as the officer said, pull out of the right lane when there is something parked on the shoulder. $250!!

Now don't get me wrong. I don't wanna hit an officer, but the officer in question was on the OTHER side of the car he had pulled over. But like clockwork every one I passed after the ticket had vehicles pulling out of the right lane. Then I left Wyoming and the whole drive back and all the time since I got back I have observed NO ONE pulling over one lane. QUITE frustrating.

Anyone else been bit by this? I really thought moving to a self (ish) driving car would allow me to forget about getting a ticket for not noticing a speed limit change (my last ticket from the early days of my marriage) or any other laws that the car would be smart enough to know. I was very taken aback to be bit so fast after getting the new car.

-Randy