Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update past 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. No notification once an update completes, but you will be able to once again connect to your car with the app. This wil save you the trouble of having to walk to garage very 5 min.
Aha there is away though. If your car was charging it stops for the update. It resumes charging when it is finished and you get the started charging notice on your phone.

Oh no! There is no room for a Normal mode button under Acceleration. What does this mean?:wink:

Currently updating here. Must be more than just steering wheel mode. There likely is some substrate for the other features and tweaking of tacc. I just did 200mi journey today, don't fancy doing it again today just to compare notes ;-)

In other news, let's trust TM to design the UI layout. Of course if you just swapped the creep section with acceleration mode it would fit nicely...

Just noticed that my rated range seems to have increased slightly after this latest update again. Previously, at 90% I would see 223 RM, now it shows 226 RM.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed a slight increase in rated miles after this last update. Previously, at 90% I would get 223 RM, now it shows 226 RM.

Interesting,

I'm using % now so makes much more sense. But my numbers won't change

I can definitely feel a difference in the 3 steering modes. I like the responsiveness and stiffness of Sport! Incidentally, in Sport Mode it also feels like there is more power/torque at all speeds. Might be my imagination. I'm curious if anyone else notices this.

Yep, Sport is back. But it's different. It has progressive resistance, meaning the more you turn the wheel to either side of centered, the more weight it takes to turn the wheel. The end result is the car feels like it has a ridiculous amount of caster and the steering wheel wants to snap back to center. I'm not a fan. I preferred the constant resistance of Sport on my old P85 better. Back to Standard on the P85D for me.

Pics of the return of the setting:
IMG_20150119_171140.jpg

Yep, Sport is back. But it's different. It has progressive resistance, meaning the more you turn the wheel to either side of centered, the more weight it takes to turn the wheel. The end result is the car feels like it has a ridiculous amount of caster and the steering wheel wants to snap back to center. I'm not a fan. I preferred the constant resistance of Sport on my old P85 better. Back to Standard on the P85D for me.

Good description. That's exactly what it feels like.

I have only had my MS for two weeks but isn't this very unusual to get two updates eleven days apart? Why would they be pushing out an update so quickly? We're there bugs that needed to be fixed? If so is this update first going to those of us that had already been upgraded to 6.1? I was upgraded to 6.1 last week and I got this update this afternoon

I have only had my MS for two weeks but isn't this very unusual to get two updates eleven days apart? Why would they be pushing out an update so quickly? We're there bugs that needed to be fixed? If so is this update first going to those of us that had already been upgraded to 6.1? I was upgraded to 6.1 last week and I got this update this afternoon

Don't complain,

I'm very happy to have bug fixes sooner than later

A quickly pushed update is 99% sure to be a bug fix.

Or, they had a couple of features that they had planned to include in 6.1 but the options needed additional testing... like the driving modes.

It will be interesting to see if anyone notices behavior (particularly with the TACC and collision warning - other than the beep change) that is different than before. Is so, yep, they are bug fixes (or maybe we can just call them tweaks!).

Well I did the update this afternoon, but after getting back in my car I got the "update was not successful - will try again later" message.

However I do show 6.0 (2.2.113) which is apparently the latest version, so it looks to have gone though.

Unfortunately, my Park Assist feature no longer works... even after rebooting both screens. Any ideas?

Well I did the update this afternoon, but after getting back in my car I got the "update was not successful - will try again later" message.

However I do show 6.0 (2.2.113) which is apparently the latest version, so it looks to have gone though.

Unfortunately, my Park Assist feature no longer works... even after rebooting both screens. Any ideas?
Tell your service center that you had an update not successful message. That can be a sign of the 12V going bad and they can check on that remotely. It happened to me with 6.0.