Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After OTA update 2024.2.3 received notification battery low even I have 76% during that Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR with 223 miles on it (1 month old). 2 days ago, I had the OTA software update. After the completion of the update I received a notification software update complete and after a few seconds, I received another notification battery low need to charge" but my battery is 76% at that time and not connected to a charger. I thought it was a glitch due to the update. After that notification pop up, I cannot see it in my App. I called the following day and they said that a technician can remotely diagnose the notification. The car runs fine and I do not see any pop up on the screen. The technician diagnosed it by asking me a question on the app via text about what is my concern. After I sent them the information they immediately replied with a diagnosis. The diagnose is I have to bring the car to service center. Here is the quote : Diagnose and replaced high voltage controller
Correction: Controller-High Voltage (non-structural pack) (remove& replace) $351.90
Correction Diagnosis: High Voltage Circuit Integrity check $255.00
Labor hours 2.38
Total Amount $606.90
Pay Type: Customer Pay
Cost estimate $606.90 You will not be charged at this time. Repairs covered under warranty will be waived.
I am skeptical on the diagnosis as they have not seen the car or check the log in my car. I heard a lot of horror stories bring the car to service center and instead of being fixed, more problem will arise.

I don't understand why you're posting, since Tesla has responded to your concern, and are following up with corrective action. Why not allow them to do the hands-on diagnostic to solve your problem? (It may very well have been a momentary software blip during the OTA software update.)

If you're worried about "a lot of horror stories" that you've probably read online, then no one here can say anything to calm your worries.

2023 MYLR with 223 miles on it (1 month old). 2 days ago, I had the OTA software update. After the completion of the update I received a notification software update complete and after a few seconds, I received another notification battery low need to charge" but my battery is 76% at that time and not connected to a charger. I thought it was a glitch due to the update. After that notification pop up, I cannot see it in my App. I called the following day and they said that a technician can remotely diagnose the notification. The car runs fine and I do not see any pop up on the screen. The technician diagnosed it by asking me a question on the app via text about what is my concern. After I sent them the information they immediately replied with a diagnosis. The diagnose is I have to bring the car to service center. Here is the quote : Diagnose and replaced high voltage controller
Correction: Controller-High Voltage (non-structural pack) (remove& replace) $351.90
Correction Diagnosis: High Voltage Circuit Integrity check $255.00
Labor hours 2.38
Total Amount $606.90
Pay Type: Customer Pay
Cost estimate $606.90 You will not be charged at this time. Repairs covered under warranty will be waived.
I am skeptical on the diagnosis as they have not seen the car or check the log in my car. I heard a lot of horror stories bring the car to service center and instead of being fixed, more problem will arise.
If your car is just 1 month old all of this would be covered under warranty. Just go to their SC and get this work completed. Good luck.

I just brought it at the service center and they did a diagnostic
Its better to bring your car to service center to do a diagnostic and check the connector.

Here is the response from the SC
Correction: Remote - Known characteristic of current Firmware (glitch)