Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Section of the Website? "Charging"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is a bug in the calculator: Selected a distance (100 miles) and a single charger. The charging time cuts in half between the 240v-40a Nema 14-50 and the wall charger. This seems correct except that the wall charger with a single charger in the car is also rated at 240v-40a and should be taking the same amount of time. Both options correctly show 240v-40a. It is just that the charging time should be the same between them.
I can't reproduce that error. For me the time only halves if I have Twin Chargers selected (as expected).

I caught that too, I wonder if that's because 'filling' the battery that fast generates more heat, heat being a known enemy to lengthy battery life? I also wonder if the Twin Chargers would suffer from this but obviously to a lesser degree?

I have been told at the store in Santana Row that twin/single charger is irrelevant for super charging. The super charger bypasses the onboard chargers somehow and goes straight for the battery.

I think there is a bug in the calculator: Selected a distance (100 miles) and a single charger. The charging time cuts in half between the 240v-40a Nema 14-50 and the wall charger. This seems correct except that the wall charger with a single charger in the car is also rated at 240v-40a and should be taking the same amount of time. Both options correctly show 240v-40a. It is just that the charging time should be the same between them.

Update: I was just contacted by Tesla and apparently they are looking into the issue.

I see the same on my iPad.

Repost

adapters.jpg

The slider over the faucet does not work in Chrome.

Last edited:
Last edited: