Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash showing more range than when new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The battery does look good as far as degradation goes. But it still leaves the question of how the display shows 385 miles at 100%, when the new rated range number was 370 miles, unless it really is a long range +.
I agree it is a little bit of a red flag that the owner got rid of the car after only 8 months. Did he say why?
Absolutely...and that the SOC was really 95% at that time.

I wouldnt be that worried about the battery, but an own check with the energy graph would be fine.

Reactions: ran349
Yes thats normal for a Long Range +, but this is a Long Range, not a LR+....

Why do you think that? I haven't seen a screen shot of the software tab on the MCU. 402 when new. Older 100kwh battery is actually 104 kwh (some say 103 kwh) with 98 kwh usable. 4 kwh of degradation is 16 rated miles which would put it at 385 or 386 which is exactly what your screenshot shows.

Why do you think that? I haven't seen a screen shot of the software tab on the MCU. 402 when new. Older 100kwh battery is actually 104 kwh (some say 103 kwh) with 98 kwh usable. 4 kwh of degradation is 16 rated miles which would put it at 385 or 386 which is exactly what your screenshot shows.
Not sure what your asking. It's a long range model according to the MCU which was only rated for 370 miles to my understanding. Long Range plus was the 402 you are referencing.
I drove the vehicle on Saturday and unfortunately it was pretty rough on the outside (paint chips and loose trim) and also pulled pretty hard to the left when I got on the skinny pedal so I had to pass on the car.
We also drove a 2020 performance right afterwards and it accelerated much straighter and wasn't nearly as rough on the exterior. I'm still looking for the right deal and keeping option open.

Not sure what your asking. It's a long range model according to the MCU which was only rated for 370 miles to my understanding. Long Range plus was the 402 you are referencing.
I drove the vehicle on Saturday and unfortunately it was pretty rough on the outside (paint chips and loose trim) and also pulled pretty hard to the left when I got on the skinny pedal so I had to pass on the car.
We also drove a 2020 performance right afterwards and it accelerated much straighter and wasn't nearly as rough on the exterior. I'm still looking for the right deal and keeping option open.

Let me be a bit more blunt. Prove to me that the car linked in the ad isn't a Long Range Plus.

Let me be a bit more blunt. Prove to me that the car linked in the ad isn't a Long Range Plus.
Not sure why I need to prove anything to you. I provided the link to the car in my first post. Doesn't matter anyways as I'm no longer interested in the car. But here's a couple anyways.
1000003943.jpg
1000003945.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H