Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
long awaited but finally bought my first ever Model X. Also, waiting for my Cyber truck and solar panels.
Model X experience a little bitter sweet. I love the car but it was an inventory car, paid approx 92k out the door. It panel miss alignment weather strip issue causing wind noise and water going in, steering wheel vibration, paint chip, wheel scratch and interior panel rattling noise. It is with Tesla service for last two days and out right denied to address most of the issue. Anybody experienced same and any recommendation on how get them address my concern? Service guy out right said “ we are tech company” and these car panes are made at different places so miss alignment is expected. He was normalizing the issue with almost 100k car.

Try a different service center. I've read people have bad experience at certain service centers vs. others.
Other service centers are 70-90’miles away. But a great suggestion and i will try. I think service centers are overwhelmed with these issue so their attitude from get go is to push back. I feel like they were taught to be cocky and their product is the best out there. I went to twitter yo complaint but nobody from Tesla even responded. In fact, i couldn’t my or others company so feels like they are suppressing it.

Escalate to regional management or as Pied recommends, make the drive. My SC was 100% committed to getting panel alignment correct. We did not just buy the electrons. We bought the metallurgy (and composites) that transport them from place to place !

Other service centers are 70-90’miles away. But a great suggestion and i will try. I think service centers are overwhelmed with these issue so their attitude from get go is to push back. I feel like they were taught to be cocky and their product is the best out there. I went to twitter yo complaint but nobody from Tesla even responded. In fact, i couldn’t my or others company so feels like they are suppressing it.

Yeah, it sucks. The advantage is supposed to be no dealerships to deal with, but their service centers seem to behave like them.

I once had to drive 100 miles out to get my transmission replaced with Hyundai because the nearest dealership wouldn't warranty it.

Reactions: shrivam
So basically you are on an internet smear campaign. Bezos is that you 🙄🤷‍♀️

Reactions: shrivam
I had an interesting chat today with a Buddy that purchased a new 3 that he got just before Christmas. He is experiencing considerable wind noise and can see that his drivers window is not going up all the way and sealing. He took it to the SC and her response was 'all Teslas have wind noise' Not true. My MS is silent and 'we are a tech company. That is two points on the graph. I am wondering if this response is more of a directive to the SC's than an individuals response. Highly coincidental.

I had an interesting chat today with a Buddy that purchased a new 3 that he got just before Christmas. He is experiencing considerable wind noise and can see that his drivers window is not going up all the way and sealing. He took it to the SC and her response was 'all Teslas have wind noise' Not true. My MS is silent and 'we are a tech company. That is two points on the graph. I am wondering if this response is more of a directive to the SC's than an individuals response. Highly coincidental.
Window noise is common and worse on 3’s and Y’s than on S’a and X’s.

I have never in 10 years of owning 20 Teslas had any Tesla employee say to me that they are a tech company. That is absurd.

Ibwas told the same way out right and as i drove away from SC they updated with no resolution required as everything is within specs. Today they told me steering wheel vibration it ok as little road feedback is expected. I fix my cars so i know what is road feedback vs. tire balancing issue. And my qualify for touch less pickup.

I have never in 10 years of owning 20 Teslas had any Tesla employee say to me that they are a tech company. That is absurd.

setvice agent said he was told that they are a tech company. My response was and you have section to order “vehicle”, you sell cars and tech comes with it. I think SC are just overwhelmed with these quality issues that they outright push back.