Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road assistance, not honored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car was purchased new, it's under warranty. Road assistance should apply for this. But who do you ask to honor it. There is no person of responsibility in Tesla. if you go to Tesla service center they will say place a service message. You will not know who is responding to your message. They will respond something like we will look into it and close the service message without any further input.... There will be no further response. So then who do you ask...

I have number of issues with my brand new Model X purchased on sep 29, 2023,
(i) started with reverse camera blinking/flashing on putting the car in reverse every time around dec 2023.
(ii) Was in the workshop for 10 days, they told they changed the computer.
(iii) 1 week later, the car stopped in the highway at 3am in the morning. called the roadside assistance, they would not tow with the warranty, they quoted $325. And the customer agent told me that if I contact in the morning I would get a better price. So took a cab for 50 miles and came home. called at noon, one customer agent told me that I need to be with the car to get it towed. and I need to return to the car. I knew that was not the case. As I had flat tire and they towed the car without me being at the car. The next agent told me it will cost me $160 for towing . I agreed for it. After the towing company brought the car to Tesla service center, he insisted I pay $325. So I was forced to pay that without which he refused to deliver.
(iv) Since march 5th I have tried to get this reimbursed as the repair was done at Tesla service center and it was warranty repair. Problem was defective right body harness. took them 18 days to repair.
(v) Since march 5th I have raised 3-4 service request for reimbursement, have spoken with the Tesla service center front desk person. No use. No one has yet told me to wait for reimbursement or agreed they will do reimbursement.
(vi) since this right harness repair:​
>there is noise in the car whenever I go on an irregular surface on the road.​
>the microphone in the car has stopped working. No handsfree call, no voice commands...​
>they damaged the paint in the front bonnet.​
(vii) the flashing/blinking of the camera are back again (the cameras will go black).

Even though I enjoy Tesla, I don't feel they are doing a good job of customer service. There is no one to take responsibility of the issues and try to repair them. I can understand that sometime there could be problems, but taking ownership and fixing the problems that are in a $90,000 car should be done properly.

If I leave the car in the work shop for repair this time, I am certain it will be greater than 30 days.
Oh my Krishna!!! That sounds like a horrible experience. Hopefully this is an exception. Have you tried just sending a tweet to Elon at this point?

Reactions: krishna7007
How far was the disabled X from the Tesla Service Center?

Roadside assistance covers towing up to 500 miles to the nearest Tesla Service Center.

From Tesla website re Roadside Assistance:

“Services Covered

Breakdowns​

A warrantable breakdown of the vehicle that renders it un-drivable.
Coverage: Transportation services of up to 500 miles to the nearest Service Center are provided”…

Next question, did Tesla figure out that the cause of your X highway breakdown is due to something not under warranty (like, lightning strike disabled the car, 🤔jk)?
50 miles, repair performed, "Replaced RH Body Harness" Pay type: Basic Vehicle Limited warranty. few days before this they had replaced the computer as the camera was going on and off when I put in reverse.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
This sounds somewhat similar to my MX lemon situation a year ago when I had to sue them in small claims to get reimbursed as the service manager refused to pay for the rental car that Tesla provided to me when my MX was in service. I literally got a phone call from Enterprise about a week after Tesla provided the car telling me that Tesla had just informed them that they would not be paying the bill.....at all. 20+ calls to the service center got me nowhere.

If you cannot get Tesla to reimburse you for the tow, leave the service center an appropriate review and take them to small claims. It's a pretty easy process.

Did they explain why they wouldn’t pay? Why didn’t they give you a loaner? I’ve had one for several days in a row.

They had no loaners, plus I did not even need the rental car at first since we have another vehicle. But due to a work trip, we needed the rental car a week after the Tesla was towed to service (for the 2nd time), so they booked one from the local Enterprise. A week later, Enterprise called and said Tesla was refusing to pay ANY of the rental fee and I needed to give them a credit card immediately and return the car if I was done with it. The car was returned right after that.

The service manager told me they would not cover the cost of their rental car because they could not determine why my MX had died (12v was completely drained from what I remember) and therefore it did not need a repair (BS), Even better, when I made the 100 mile trip back to the service center, the MX died literally in the service center parking lot and I had to find my way home again. I was "given" $100 in Uber credits, but then the service manager took them away as per the service advisor (which came across as being purposefully vindictive as the advisor blamed their manager despite his attempts to honor them). When I tried to use the Uber credits, I found out that they had been taken back. I actually added this to the small claims suit and got paid back for my ride share trips as well.

And to make the situation more ridiculous, the service manager changed the reason that she refused to pay for the rental car months later to say that the MX was repaired PRIOR to them giving me the rental car and that was why they would not pay for it. Except it was not repaired as they would not give me a rental if that was the case, AND it broke down when I tried to pick it up! The arbitrator did not care for that lie.

There are tons of complaints on google about this service manager too.

• Informative
Reactions: chintanchotli
Yeah, so once I refused a loaner and they kept my car for 9 days out of which 8 were presumably spent to get a replacement sensor for a faulty one on the steering rack. Lesson learned - I always get a loaner now on the spot. Sounds like you live near a particularly crappy SC. Did they even send a rep to the arbitration to fight you? This is such a bizarre case, hope that service management has turned over since.