Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road assistance, not honored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla Model X purchased 5 months back, 13,000 miles. It stopped in the highway, giving traction stability control error. I called Tesla road side assistance, they would not tow to Tesla service center without me paying $325 as towing charges. I was forced to pay this charges as my car could not be left in the highway. I have spoke with service center multiple times to get this reimbursed, I have raised service messages multiple times. they seem to be sympathetic to the cause. but they close the service message without refunding the charges.

The problem with this almost brand new Tesla Model X, there was defective Right side body harness. After the repair, the car has started squeaking and making small banging noises from the back seat area. They also damaged the front hood with some kind of tool. And the mice inside the car is not working, so I cannot give any voice command or do hands free phone. I am so disappointed with the Tesla service. They just close the service messages without addressing the issue. My car has been in work shop for 28 days in the past five months. I think I may need to leave it in service for another month... will I be able to claim lemon law in Texas if the car is in workshop for more than 30 days?

Sorry for your trouble and they way you've been treated. That is awful.

Here are some resources that might be helpful:

WD4e9SG.jpg

6LVyvH3.jpg

I have Tesla Model X purchased 5 months back, 13,000 miles. It stopped in the highway, giving traction stability control error. I called Tesla road side assistance, they would not tow to Tesla service center without me paying $325 as towing charges. I was forced to pay this charges as my car could not be left in the highway. I have spoke with service center multiple times to get this reimbursed, I have raised service messages multiple times. they seem to be sympathetic to the cause. but they close the service message without refunding the charges.

The problem with this almost brand new Tesla Model X, there was defective Right side body harness. After the repair, the car has started squeaking and making small banging noises from the back seat area. They also damaged the front hood with some kind of tool. And the mice inside the car is not working, so I cannot give any voice command or do hands free phone. I am so disappointed with the Tesla service. They just close the service messages without addressing the issue. My car has been in work shop for 28 days in the past five months. I think I may need to leave it in service for another month... will I be able to claim lemon law in Texas if the car is in workshop for more than 30 days?
If the car is no longer under the warranty, of course you have to pay the tow cost.

Is that the reason?

Would you have to pay tow cost if Road Assistance is included in your purchase? Shouldn't that account for part of roadside assistance services offered?
The car was purchased new, it's under warranty. Road assistance should apply for this. But who do you ask to honor it. There is no person of responsibility in Tesla. if you go to Tesla service center they will say place a service message. You will not know who is responding to your message. They will respond something like we will look into it and close the service message without any further input.... There will be no further response. So then who do you ask...

I have number of issues with my brand new Model X purchased on sep 29, 2023,
(i) started with reverse camera blinking/flashing on putting the car in reverse every time around dec 2023.
(ii) Was in the workshop for 10 days, they told they changed the computer.
(iii) 1 week later, the car stopped in the highway at 3am in the morning. called the roadside assistance, they would not tow with the warranty, they quoted $325. And the customer agent told me that if I contact in the morning I would get a better price. So took a cab for 50 miles and came home. called at noon, one customer agent told me that I need to be with the car to get it towed. and I need to return to the car. I knew that was not the case. As I had flat tire and they towed the car without me being at the car. The next agent told me it will cost me $160 for towing . I agreed for it. After the towing company brought the car to Tesla service center, he insisted I pay $325. So I was forced to pay that without which he refused to deliver.
(iv) Since march 5th I have tried to get this reimbursed as the repair was done at Tesla service center and it was warranty repair. Problem was defective right body harness. took them 18 days to repair.
(v) Since march 5th I have raised 3-4 service request for reimbursement, have spoken with the Tesla service center front desk person. No use. No one has yet told me to wait for reimbursement or agreed they will do reimbursement.
(vi) since this right harness repair:​
>there is noise in the car whenever I go on an irregular surface on the road.​
>the microphone in the car has stopped working. No handsfree call, no voice commands...​
>they damaged the paint in the front bonnet.​
(vii) the flashing/blinking of the camera are back again (the cameras will go black).

Even though I enjoy Tesla, I don't feel they are doing a good job of customer service. There is no one to take responsibility of the issues and try to repair them. I can understand that sometime there could be problems, but taking ownership and fixing the problems that are in a $90,000 car should be done properly.

If I leave the car in the work shop for repair this time, I am certain it will be greater than 30 days.

Reactions: chintanchotli
How did you pay? Credit card? I’ll be involving the cc bank too. I’ve had at least a couple of cases where my bank has handled improper charges even though I technically “agreed” to the charge with the promise of a refund (last time it happened when I lost the rental car key in Europe and was charged 3000 euro by SixT Portugal to get a new car while the other was being towed to a different location with a promise to refund the 3000 minus the cost of replacement key and towing, but the refund never came despite multiple attempts to contact).

And while at it start the lemon process. Stressing over incompetence, ignorance and dysfunction is not worth it - let others help you - your cc insurance , your lawyer etc. Somewhere in there, Tesla may or may not wake up to the reality of your predicament - consumers are already punishing them in demand / deliveries and the stock price is following (I’m sure someone will correct me it’s the macro and interest rates but word of mouth of what it’s like to own a Tesla spreads too).

Good luck, and don’t stress it.

called the service, center, "your number and name is with the manager he will contact you"... "he cannot take your call now" at 4pm.
How far was the disabled X from the Tesla Service Center?

Roadside assistance covers towing up to 500 miles to the nearest Tesla Service Center.

From Tesla website re Roadside Assistance:

“Services Covered

Breakdowns​

A warrantable breakdown of the vehicle that renders it un-drivable.
Coverage: Transportation services of up to 500 miles to the nearest Service Center are provided”…

Next question, did Tesla figure out that the cause of your X highway breakdown is due to something not under warranty (like, lightning strike disabled the car, 🤔jk)?

Last edited: