Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2023 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 1 week old 2023 Model X that is inconsistently producing popping/snapping noises sounding as if coming someplace behind the front row, on both the driver’s side and passenger side. It happens periodically when driving or not moving while in Park, with the radio on or lowered.

I had it at the dealership and 2 service people heard the noises coming from both sides of the car. Left the car there. A certified technician went over the car, checking the suspension, door alignment, and his conclusion was that these noises are normal for this generation teslas.

I’m at a loss. What should be my next step?

This is my first post. I hope I did this correctly.

I have a 1 week old 2023 Model X that is inconsistently producing popping/snapping noises sounding as if coming someplace behind the front row, on both the driver’s side and passenger side. It happens periodically when driving or not moving while in Park, with the radio on or lowered.

I had it at the dealership and 2 service people heard the noises coming from both sides of the car. Left the car there. A certified technician went over the car, checking the suspension, door alignment, and his conclusion was that these noises are normal for this generation teslas.

I’m at a loss. What should be my next step?

This is my first post. I hope I did this correctly.
Mine is a month old now, fine for the first 2 weeks, then got the ticking noise. It doesn't seem to be from the suspension, but maybe a panel moving under stress. When i find time, I need to stop by tesla for them to take a look.

I can't offer anything of real assistance other than to tell you I also have a new 23 MX and I definitely don't have this problem, so I don't think it's normal.
I picked up my new Model X after the dealership checked over my car for the popping/snapping noises. A technician drove my car for quite a while without hearing the noises. I was asked to drive my car with the technician. Again, the car was quiet. I did have a recording but not the greatest quality. While sitting in the car with the car in park, weighing my options, 2 loud popping noises were heard. The technician heard the sounds and met the challenge. He found that the wiring and pins to the speakers were not connected correctly. He redid them. I’ve driven my X for 2 days in silence. I can now enjoy my vehicle.

I picked up my new Model X after the dealership checked over my car for the popping/snapping noises. A technician drove my car for quite a while without hearing the noises. I was asked to drive my car with the technician. Again, the car was quiet. I did have a recording but not the greatest quality. While sitting in the car with the car in park, weighing my options, 2 loud popping noises were heard. The technician heard the sounds and met the challenge. He found that the wiring and pins to the speakers were not connected correctly. He redid them. I’ve driven my X for 2 days in silence. I can now enjoy my vehicle.
Which Tesla shop did you go to?