Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg

That is one massive generator in the background.

Anyone locate the SuperCharger near Providence? Maybe near the 95/195 interchange? I'll drive down to locate it, if anyone has a clue where to look. This will be the closest SuperCharger to me, I don't go on road trips that often, this will probably be the only SuperCharger I use, and mainly just to try one out :)

The i91 corridor would still be under served by the planned SC locations. They should put one on i91 in northern MA or as far north as the VT welcome center.

I agree with this. I've always thought that Brattleboro would be a great location--opens up all of Southern Vermont from Boston (including Stratton Mtn) which the WRJ location is too far north to serve and 90/91 would be too far south. And there's very little in the way of public charging stations around there as well. Maybe someday...

In the best of all worlds I would have liked to see:

- an SC on Cape Cod, along Rte 6 near Hyannis. Charging infrastructure on the cape is abysmal. My model S will reside in Ptown and in NY.

- an SC on I-84 between Danbury CT and Newburgh NY, to support traffic between Hartford and points west.

- an SC on I-90 Charlton or by I-495

- an SC on Cape Cod, along Rte 6 near Hyannis. Charging infrastructure on the cape is abysmal. My model S will reside in Ptown and in NY.

- an SC on I-84 between Danbury CT and Newburgh NY, to support traffic between Hartford and points west.

If you spend a lot of time in P-town, please contact the city parking clerk [email protected] to encourage some public chargers. He has said they are thinking about it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. We go out there a few times per year on business and it's going to be a real problem once we get our X.

I think the one in Providence is designed to cover the Cape, at least it seems it will, since where it's located is on the southern route to Cape Cod, you would stop here to top off to get to anywhere on the Cape.

I think the one in Providence is designed to cover the Cape, at least it seems it will, since where it's located is on the southern route to Cape Cod, you would stop here to top off to get to anywhere on the Cape.
I think you're correct. The problem I see though is that it seems designed only for people coming from the South, e.g. NYC. For people coming from the North it adds something like 50 miles to the trip. I think there needs to be one close to Boston, such as in Newton at the intersection of 128 and the Mass Pike to serve people coming from the North. Even better would be one in downtown Boston, perhaps near the airport for people going through the city.

I think you're correct. The problem I see though is that it seems designed only for people coming from the South, e.g. NYC. For people coming from the North it adds something like 50 miles to the trip. I think there needs to be one close to Boston, such as in Newton at the intersection of 128 and the Mass Pike to serve people coming from the North. Even better would be one in downtown Boston, perhaps near the airport for people going through the city.

In the fall there should be one in Hooksett NH, 173 miles from P-town. A stretch in a 60?

Bigger issue to me in places like the Cape and northern NH/VT is getting destination charging in place. We all really need to lobby hotels we may frequent, towns, ski areas, marinas, restaurants, etc.

On a side note, I drove to the eastern Adirondacks for the long weekend. About 245 miles and up and down mountains via the Charlotte -Essex ferry so I didn't want to push it. Left at 5:30 am on the 4th, set the cruise at 68 on I-93 and I-89, and stopped for about an hour for breakfast in Montpelier where I picked up 22 miles at a Chargepoint. Arrived with 19 left so glad we stopped. Had dinner and a nearly two hour stop on the way home, and set the cruise at 72-75, arriving home with about 30 miles left.

I've driven the route many times, but surprisingly this was the first time to stop in Montpelier. Enjoyed very nice restaurants, walked around town and found a great gelato place. A side benefit of the S - getting away from fast food next to gas stations.

That is coming later. The "Sturbridge" site picks up the Boston/NYC traffic, allowing you to skip the Milford SC and use the Merritt Parkway for its whole length. Sturbridge also spans the gap from Milford to Portland, so New Yorkers can ski in Maine.

Yeah but do we really want NY to ski ride Maine ? I mean Vermont is so much closer.....
JK

But seriously all of those locations will make it much easier to navigate New England