Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peter, where did you hear about this? I assume we're talking about the State Liquor Store Plaza, which I know is getting a general upgrade. I wonder whether they'll do both northbound and southbound?

I don't know for sure, but it looks to be on 93 somewhere south of the 89 split by Concord. Robert mentioned the state liquor store plazas are getting an upgrade so it makes sense and follows the pattern at the Darien service area. I hope that's the case - kill a half hour picking out some wine to enjoy at the ski house...

Yes - they're getting a HUGE upgrade. Instead of just a liquor store there'll be restaurants from fast food to diners/sit-down establishments (I hear one of the diners will be '50s-style). I read that they're also putting in a gas station - which would be kind of neat to have a Supercharger station co-located with a gas station. The ICE drivers would be wondering where the EV drivers pay...

I just took delivery today 7/29 in White Plains of a red Model S P85. Planned to stop in Natick to charge up on the way to Cape Cod. They are adding 4 public charging stations and cannot charge for 3-4 days. I am waiting to hear from Watertown service center before I make the trip.

Congratulations! If you range charge at the Milford Supercharger it's no problem to make it to Cape Cod more directly via 95 - 225 miles to Provincetown according to Google Maps. Your bigger challenge will be finding charging locally, but if you're there for a while you can charge up slowly via 110V.

Or were you planning a stop in Boston on the way? I'm sure Watertown would let you use the HPWC, at least during business hours which now include Saturdays and I think Sundays - or I'd be happy to provide mine in Cambridge if schedules work. Send me a PM if interested.

I just took delivery today 7/29 in White Plains of a red Model S P85. Planned to stop in Natick to charge up on the way to Cape Cod. They are adding 4 public charging stations and cannot charge for 3-4 days. I am waiting to hear from Watertown service center before I make the trip.

The only charging stations I know of on the Cape are 2 in Hyannis and 1 in Barnstable, all are 30A I believe. Not too convenient for Provincetown unfortunately.

John where are they adding the charging stations? Natick or Ptown? I'll be in Ptown tomorrow but having trouble finding a charge. Congrates on the new car.

They have 4 or 5 chargers (I believe Nema 14-50's) at the Natick Mall where they do the test drives. I think 1-2 HPWC are there too. All are open to any EV but they do use a couple of them periodically to keep the test drive vehicles charged up. NOT easy to find so you may want to call the showroom there for specific directions.

Last edited:
They have 4 or 5 chargers (I believe Nema 14-50's) at the Natick Mall where they do the test drives. I think 1-2 HPWC are there too. All are open to any EV but they do use a couple of them periodically to keep the test drive vehicles charged up. NOT easy to find so you may want to call the showroom there for specific directions.

5 NEMA 16-50. And two HPWC. They have a roaster plug too. They are in the JC Penney parking lot - doesn't help much because there are two :)

John where are they adding the charging stations? Natick or Ptown? I'll be in Ptown tomorrow but having trouble finding a charge. Congrates on the new car.

Hyannis has a lot if you get in a bind (Barnstable level 2 charger - ICEd - Page 2)
If you can scope out the situation in PTown, I know a lot of folks would be appreciative! See also these few posts: NE destination overnight charging stations

A stop off at town hall might prove helpful ... give someone there a ride!

I'm not happy about the Supercharger location in Providence, RI. It seems to only work for people coming from NYC to the Cape, and really not that well for them either. For anyone coming from the North or West of Boston, it's way out of the way. For people coming from the South it's not all that great since, if they want to get to the outer Cape, e.g. Provincetown, it's a pretty long shot at 121 miles, 242 miles round trip. Charging in P'town or anywhere on the outer Cape is very difficult so, like other "end of the world" places, the round trip mileage seems like the best metric.

If instead, it were at intersection of 495 and 95 in Mansfield it would only be 108 miles to P'town and would be very helpful for people coming from the North or West on 495 or 95. It would only add 5 miles or so for people coming up from NYC compared to 195 out of Providence and they'd avoid Fall River and New Bedford.

For people coming from the South it's not all that great since, if they want to get to the outer Cape, e.g. Provincetown, it's a pretty long shot at 121 miles, 242 miles round trip. Charging in P'town or anywhere on the outer Cape is very difficult so, like other "end of the world" places, the round trip mileage seems like the best metric.

No, round trip miles aren't the best metric. The supercharges are intended to get you to your destination, period. You should always be able to charge at a destination at 120v if nothing else, and 48 hr of that will get you back to the supercharger on your way home.

No, round trip miles aren't the best metric. The supercharges are intended to get you to your destination, period. You should always be able to charge at a destination at 120v if nothing else, and 48 hr of that will get you back to the supercharger on your way home.

NOT good if you're going somewhere and back the same day...

I.E. NY to Boston - right now I need to add range in Boston to get back to the supercharger in Milford, CT. A few weeks ago I brought Cliff the Reus Audio guy up to Boston and couldn't turn right around and go back to Milford, CT and had to charge at Natick for 3-4 hours to add enough range + a little buffer to get back to Milford.

Once they add a supercharger closer to Boston, I will be be able to turn right around again thankfully. This should be the case with large cities and to not have to charge for a great length of time to start the trip back!

Aaron

I'm not happy about the Supercharger location in Providence, RI. It seems to only work for people coming from NYC to the Cape, and really not that well for them either. For anyone coming from the North or West of Boston, it's way out of the way. For people coming from the South it's not all that great since, if they want to get to the outer Cape, e.g. Provincetown, it's a pretty long shot at 121 miles, 242 miles round trip. Charging in P'town or anywhere on the outer Cape is very difficult so, like other "end of the world" places, the round trip mileage seems like the best metric.

If instead, it were at intersection of 495 and 95 in Mansfield it would only be 108 miles to P'town and would be very helpful for people coming from the North or West on 495 or 95. It would only add 5 miles or so for people coming up from NYC compared to 195 out of Providence and they'd avoid Fall River and New Bedford.
I'll second this re-placement. People going to the Cape from the north would usually drive MA-3 down along the coast, but it's only a few miles (~8) to go past the I-95/I-495 interchange. Driving all the way down to Providence, though, is a much bigger detour and can bog down during rush hour.

Well, the notion that a non-negotiable requirement for buying a Tesla is the willingness to spend an extra couple of days somewhere I don't want to be is a pretty steep one IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll second this re-placement. People going to the Cape from the north would usually drive MA-3 down along the coast, but it's only a few miles (~8) to go past the I-95/I-495 interchange. Driving all the way down to Providence, though, is a much bigger detour and can bog down during rush hour.

Also consider people coming from the West on the Mass Pike. The proposed Auburn Supercharger is about 150 miles from Provincetown. The proposed one at Mansfield would make that a possible trip for them too, whereas one in Providence would be pretty inconvenient.

I would propose one at the rest area in Newton on 95 South just south of the Pike exit. That would help significantly with those heading from North or West to the Cape, or the round-trip in and out of the Boston Area and would allow one to get to the Auburn or CT superchargers. Also for those heading from NH, ME down to NY this would be fairly convenient.

Anyone here who travels the Rhode Island interstates? Anyone notice any construction near any of the exits or rest stops? Still trying to locate the mysterious Rhode Island SuperCharger.. I have found a list of all interstate exits in RI:
State of Rhode Island: Department of Transportation: Interstate Exits in Rhode Island

I would expect somewhere around exit 20 on I95, where I195 begins, and heads to Cape Cod would be a likely location...

Last edited:
Anyone here who travels the Rhode Island interstates? Anyone notice any construction near any of the exits or rest stops? Still trying to locate the mysterious Rhode Island SuperCharger.. I have found a list of all interstate exits in RI:
State of Rhode Island: Department of Transportation: Interstate Exits in Rhode Island

I would expect somewhere around exit 20 on I95, where I195 begins, and heads to Cape Cod would be a likely location...

I am a native to RI, haven't see anything as of yet going in, my drive is 95 past Providence then up 495, I do pass by 195 and some other major intersections but no work or Tesla related trucks/boxes or equipment that I can see, if I see any ill post some pictures.